View Single Post
Old 07-31-16, 07:04 AM   #975
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
... it wouldn't be "historically authentic" but what the heck, neither is the Bismark in the Pacific, or finding the Yamamoto again after just sinking it in the last patrol.

I'd like to see the carriers within the campaign beyond their historic "end" dates, it's no more implausible then thinking we are real sub Captains anyway. So, would you guys mind if I put the ships in for the duration of the war?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
... I agree there is no justification for killing off ships on their historic sinking dates.

Please kill the death dates and let players create their own history. We'll include that change in the core mod.
I agree. Is there a way tho, to make a note, either on the Properties sheet in the Mission Editor, or maybe make up a sheet, with the "death" dates of the ship, for those that want to make an "historically correct" mission or patrol? Maybe I'll start looking into a 'history' thing, and see if it's plausible to make a text doc or something...

As for what your request Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt, it might be that someone could do some "re-skinning" of an existing ship, and make it fly the Thai flag, etc. I don't know what would be involved in adding "Roster" entries for them though. Might be a bit of work... We do need a couple Dutch cruisers too though... We'll have the ship count over 500 at this rate, and a 10 minute load time... but yeah, that'd be cool to do.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote