Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-29-16, 09:24 AM   #953
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

No, no window, full-screen. ATI Radeon HD 4450 PCIe card, set to 1280x1024 (recommended), which is the LCD monitor's "native" resolution. The game is played at the same setting. I'm on the quad core, everything else seems to run fine.

Last night, the bottom bar was doing like the Windows Task Bar, in that it would "auto-hide" when the mouse wasn't over it. If I took the mouse to the bottom edge of the screen, the bottom bar would slide up, and I could see everything fine. If I moved the mouse up to the middle of the screen, I could see the bar "slide" down and out of view. The rest of the screen stayed. I kind of liked it on the chart and periscope screens, in that it gave me a skosh more screen viewing real estate, but it's not worth the aggravation of not being able to change the dials in the lower right to their alternative modes, especially the depth one for me.

Today, it's all "normal". I was just in the same boat. When last we left our intrepid (aka: incompetent) crew, they had dived to 100 foot and at Stop for the game save. I sat there a few minutes before the save, to make sure everything was OK, since I had quite a bit of hull damage. When I came back in this morning, the first thing coming out of the speakers upon coming back "onboard" is "WE'RE TAKIMG DAMAGE SIR!" and then "WE'VE GOT SIGNIFICANT FLOODING SIR!" so I blew the tanks and we're headed home. Not good if you can't even get to 100 foot without flooding.

I thought I was recording you guys a video of my crew doing Hard To Port, Center, Hard To Starboard, Center, and the mouse clicks for similar, but ~NO~, I screwed-up something with that. Talk about wasting my time... I'll get the hang of the Afterburner routine sometime soon - I hope... In the meantime, I got different results just about everytime, out of all shifts. No two shifts do it the same. They're similar, in that the helmsman will not repeat one of the commands, sometimes two of them, but he always skips at least one of the rudder commands. He obeys the 'order', just doesn't always vocally acknowledge it. The diving officer almost always is the same on his routine. I also got erratic behavior out of a few of the command bar buttons. It would have been great to show you that with video, but ~NO~, can't have that, now can we... sorry. The main one there was when clicking on the crew management stuff, trying to go to the Damage Control screen from the button menu. It would work one time, I'd change views, come back and it wouldn't work. Change view again, come back, and it would work.

Anyway, I might scrap my first foray to Honshu, and just blow this install away and do it all over again, since I suspect mod soup issues. I'm wondering now about that fogbank that the merchant was in, if it was really a fog bank. I mean, seriously, why would I see the stern, further away from me, than the bow, several feet closer? I'll try to record some of that stuff when I get done with the re-do. Later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote