Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-28-16, 05:19 PM   #944
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Anybody need anything afore I go? I'm about to leave on my first "real" patrol in Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate beta.1, and I expect to be gone a good little while. We'll do the usual shake-down on the way to Midway and then while we traverse the open sea to Sofu Gan, since we're expecting our first patrol to be off Honshu, but you never know... Radar contacts, crash dives, all that, will be watched closely. I will most likely be an overly-cautious skipper, since the dirty-dog DDs are a bit wilier than what I've been accustomed to the last couple of years...

I might run two concurrent patrols in two installs, using MultiSH of course, with the 2nd one starting in late '43 or so. However, I do have a bunch of cdsubron7 Single Missions to evaluate also, which are definitely more fun than any ole boring patrol, especially with all the wonderful skinning that max-peck has done. It's also difficult to tear oneself away from the chart table and/or the sonar and radar screens with CapnScurvy's beautiful re-fit of the inside of the boats... but then, the periscope is such a "sight" to behold, that ya just feel, feel the need, to go SINK something, maybe watch it blow-up into a HUGE fireball... boo-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote