View Single Post
Old 07-21-16, 06:56 PM   #820
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I'll check to see what's up with the Weapons and Sensors page......I haven't looked at it, fooling around in the Museum has taken up my time.
If I remember correctly about my home computer, the Weapons & Sensors page does not work in the Single Mission side of things, but does on the Campaign side in the FotRSUv0.1Beta. On my son's laptop, it just doesn't work. I only have the one install on my boy's machine, so I'm stuck with what I have (we're still out of town), which may well be "soup" of the spoiled variety, since I've had probably 3 or 4 mods in that folder over the last couple of years. It's just a backup of a backup of a backup machine that got little playing time previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
To you guys that are looking at the sounds. A free app called Gold Wave is what I use. If you look at the .ogg file that's got the yelling at the end of the phrase you can tell someone just added the cheers to it. With an app like Gold Wave you can remove it just as quick. Won't have to change but one file.
I've got Reaper DAW and SoundForge v9 that can do a good job, in addition to Audacity, which is a freeware editor. That's not a bad idea to just trim off the excess Capn, which would also get rid of the "Shhh! Quiet!"...

@cdsubron7: as Billy or max mentioned earlier, you're a big reason I'm not still playing the SSI Silent Hunter still, now affectionately referred to as Version One. (btw, I do still have it on the hard drive, right next to D-Fend Reloaded, and it works, too!) Between news & reviews of your Single Missions, and Spyron, I had to give v4 a go. I'd done v2 and Destroyer Command, and was very leary of doing anything Ubi after those... But your "Quick" Missions could easily kill a whole morning or afternoon, and sometimes, ALL day! "Yes dear, coming!"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote