Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-13-16, 10:18 PM   #682
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Rockin Robbins, if you want to, just throw in the "Creaks-And_Crash_Fix" for now, and be done with it for the 1st beta. Most of the sound issues are gone with the use of that, especially "The Sound". I'm still working on "the plan, the plan" for attacking the rest of the sounds. The wave stuff has actually turned out relatively easy, so long as we follow CapnScurvy's advice to "emulate stock", and have most replacement files match sample rate and bit depth, as well as time length if the file is not a "Loop" file (ie, sub ambience, aka: background). The exuberant crew issue has a couple potential resolutions, but I do want to leave that available for some who like that. Anyway, I've gone punch drunk again today, and have to hit the rack... Didn't even get to experiment with any sinking stuff today... sob...

Edit: Well, I couldn't stand it, so I had to go out and attack the "combined Axis Fleet". Definitely not historically accurate, since the Germania and the Bismark are traveling with the Nagato, and we're actually almost into Russian territorial waters up North... but anyway. This thing is *beautiful*! CapnScurvy, such a work... I can walk all over the boat, including the can, and the ocean... I could ~not~, for the life of me, make it back to the big wheels... or my cabin... However, I could get to the scope, and it is magnificent. I can actually SEE WHAT I'M DOING there... absolutely wonderful. I'm going to have to do some movie making tomorrow from my game save. I did not capture while I did it, basically because I forgot. But I have encountered something I do not believe I've ever seen happen in how ever many years now this has been doing SH:WotP, and that is an underwater explosion, as the ship is sinking, that shoots (or appears to anyway) red, molten shrapnel through the air, followed by a huge fireball that started *below* the water's surface. Oh my gosh. I got a couple screen grabs I'll try to process real quick and link into here next. However, the wizards of 3D shadows and reflections do need to look at the Bismark and the Germania, and eliminate those warped reflections. They do have them all the time, not just when sinking. It's just easier to see them, once the ship's attitude changes... Anyway, off to edit some grabs, and be right back...

OK, here we go:

Doing my "research", and tracking this "reflection" issue:

when all of a sudden, this *HUGE* explosion, and red hot stuff goes flying everywhere, scaring me out of my seat. I got this by the time I calmed down (notice how the reflection interferes with the fireball??):

which was the beginning of "the bloom":

I've never noticed explosions like that before. Very cool. And this ain't even the pretty stuff. Ya just gotta be very attentive to your surroundings, 'cause there's them little Destroyer Devils and Winged Jockeys hanging out 'roun' these hee-orr pahrts... and thaze ornery sunz-a-gunz...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-14-16 at 12:38 AM. Reason: I just had to play... and then add pix...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote