View Single Post
Old 12-10-15, 09:30 PM   #3347
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Once air raids on ports were a serious problem, but as you probably remember the problem was coming from FX Updates debris, not from stock game, as Rongel demonstreted with his fix. Similarly, most of the units/objects we are placing around ports are imported straight away from SHIII-IV. You can't imagine how much redundant/obsolete data I see every time I open one of the imported dat files, including your recently imported ships
Air raids are problematic even today, but not because of FXU debris but because of some different "reasons".

I dont know WHY SSC will occur in SH5 but I know very well how to reproduce it, even with lightly modded game.
There's no specific cause for this issue, the only possible cause is lack of official patches...

Quote:
I am optimist that converting them to granny objects/optimizing them for use in SHV (with dds compressed texture, LOD models, subdued effects, more recent controller versions, etc.) will obviate problems, at least in part.
I'm afraid I am not...Sometimes even the simplest object , like sub flags, will prove to be too much for the game...Why, I really dont know.

Check my tips for stable gameplay when you have time. They apply to SH5 with any modlist. You may get a picture what actually SH5 engine doesn't like.

Quote:
gap off

Last edited by vdr1981; 12-10-15 at 09:38 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote