View Single Post
Old 10-28-15, 07:15 AM   #7
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Never install any Silent Hunter version in the default program (x86) folder.

Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Gary, do not install it inside of the Program Files (x86) folder. Make a games folder on the main C drive. Windows UAC program has fits if we try using the Programs folders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Something else you might try is to create a folder outside of any Program Files. Newer versions of Windows don't like us using the Program Files folders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danasan View Post
Gary,
here is a workaround for those who don't want any 3rd party tools or don't want to read the whole day...
First of all, I'd like you to understand that there is NO need to install SH3, once you have it installed on just ONE computer....

Thanks for the respectful and patient replies to Gary's question, you guys are awesome. You are the superstars Subsim is known for.

Gary, don't feel bad, that's a common mistake. I know about it and I sometimes forget. I guess the routine process of installing programs can be exactly that, routine. Except in some odd cases, it has to be done differently, such as in this case. Please let us know if you were successful in getting SH3 installed.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote