View Single Post
Old 10-10-15, 03:27 PM   #2797
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

It is called Mehr Traffic, Nationen und Schiffe and it contains quite a big selection of ships imported from stock SHIV as well as from some popular mega-mods for SHIII and IV. Unfortunately the mod lacked the popularity it deserved due to the fact that for some reason it crashed the game if enabled in conjunction with TDW's UI. Perhaps both mods are too "heavy" to be handled by the game or, who knows, some other type of conflict.
Ouch..I'm aware of that mod and I'm not so impressed with it...The mod contains bunch of ugly looking ships with stock textures and it will largely destabilize even stock game, not to mention game stability with OHII and NewUIs on board, it's CTD fest. Some ships are even duplicated (like T3 tanker ) .

Quote:
Yep, but I don't get quite follow you. Didn't you say that you had a problem with textures?
Well, I'm satisfied with the look of two imported freighters but medium tanker looks kind a dull...I'll send you my work so you can revise it...

Quote:
If you like, you can add one more ship to your total: it is the Nippon ("Kawasaki") type fleet oiler which I imported looong ago from SHIV and never released. It was my hope porting her, together with other units, to the GR2 format, but as usual my projects take way too long. The ship could make a good replacement for British Wave-class replenishment oiler.
If you don't have objections we can add her to TWoS while we wait for a general revamp of the dat units imported so far in game.

Here's a screenshot of the imported unit (GR2 armaments rendered black in game, later replaced with dat ones):

More screenies to be found in this thread
Yes, I'm aware of that thread (of course) and I have always wondered why we can see SV and Uekel's imported ships in OHII but not your tanker which looks quite OK ?
If everything is OK with it we can add it, why not...Did you make all necessary changes in sim, val, zon, and dat files?

PS
Stand by for new ships upload...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote