View Single Post
Old 09-14-15, 05:09 PM   #2596
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 View Post
I'm just curious, is instability and periodic crashing something unavoidable with SH5 or have I actually messed up the installation here? I've come to just get used to it but it is very annoying. You even mention in the FAQ to restart every time you go back near your home port to avoid a rendering shock, and I can report that not doing this invariably makes the game crash. It crashes when you use high TC for too long, crashes when you play too long in general, crashes when you insult it's mother, crashes when it stubs its toe, etc.
It's really hard to say and probably only you can give us that answer...
I can not see from here did you messed up something or how do you play your modded SH5.
What I can do is to describe how I play my game (Tips for stable gameplay, recently updated also) so that player can get a certain level of understanding how he should approach to modded SH5.
Now, those tips are not empty stories because I know they work. For example, recently I passed first two campaigns (CW and HT, over 15 patrols) without a single crash and now I'm on my third patrol (CW, aprox 50.000 tons) again, without a crash...If I can do it with my 10 years old PC, then why not everyone else...

It is possible that you have somehow broke you installation by adding/removing mods, using corrupted gamesaves or something, but it is hard for me to tell from this perspective. Or maybe, there's nothing wrong with your game but your playing style is "punch max TC while doing something else" ? I'm not sure...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote