View Single Post
Old 04-14-15, 09:38 AM   #5563
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Of course I am aware that there ways to measure our success in campaign other than tonnage, and I am glad they are there. Can you confirm that the features you described above are unaffected by the tonnage bar bug?
Confirmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
If so I would rather prefer the old system, where the player is rewarded for his good result with the possibility to take part in some key-campaigns which would have been closed by default (as he was given the chance of choosing his next flotilla)... This setup would fit better my definition of "dynamic campaign".
I understand you perfectly Gap, you wish more if-then dependencies which is OK and that's exactly how OHII is formed now. Successful captains will "unlock" more battle areas sooner, and even two campaigns are reserved for captains who achieve total victory in previous campaigns...

But you're forgetting something , this system just wont work for people with tonnage issue and even people without this bug will experience certain issues because of campaign options limitations. Those are (I'll repeat them one more time) losing all tonnage dependable objectives/mission if player fails to score the first one and if date is skipped in the bunker and sudden campaign end in the middle of the action if tonnage objective of last mission if achieved earlier (I was astonished when I first saw this, I just couldn't believe)...

Right now we're moving away from the topic... My initial suggestion was not intended to be a call for completely new and reworked OHII campaign . The main goal is to allow people with tonnage issue to play and enjoy OHII as much as possible. In my initial post I showed you that this is possible with only few minor changes in campaign.cfg, nothing more...

Campign.cfg file which you see on top of this page is tested right now by Sjizzle and few others people with tonnage issue and hopefully we'll here their opinion too...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote