View Single Post
Old 04-13-15, 02:27 AM   #1160
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Rokko:
Quote:
I really like the scarcity of ship traffic in this mod, but I'd like to further reduce the frequency of convoy reports (maybe by half), is this possible?
Possible, and easy (but tedious).

Locate file campaign_RND.mis in your silenthunteriii\data\campaigns\campaign folder. Make a copy of the campaign_RND.mis file so that you can load it over the existing file with JSGME. That is, you will have to make a separate folder silenthunteriii\mods\my_campaign_file\data\campaig ns\campaign, into which you copy your existing NYGM campaign_RND.mis file.

Load your copy campaign_RND.mis file into a word processor, and use the search command for the key word 'Convoy'. Check that this occurs as part of a GroupName=xxxxConvoyxxx, following the definition [RndGroup mn] (where mn = a number of 2-3 digits).

Then locate these two consecutive entries:
ReportPosMin=(a number, eg 1440)
ReportPosProb=(a different number, eg 25).

ReportPosMin contains the frequency with which the convoy will report its position (in minutes). So 1440 = every 24 hours.
ReportPosProb shows the percentage probability that the report will be made. Thus, in this example, there is a 25% chance that the convoy will make its 24 hour position report.

Therefore, manipulate these two variables as you think appropriate. Your request suggests that you should leave ReportPosProb alone, but double the values reported in ReportPosMin. But the alternative of reducing the percentage probability will increase the random factor. Or you can alter both variables, of course.

There are a lot of convoys.

Finally, install your revised campaign_RND.mis file into the game from its new folder with JSGME. Thus you can test your new file and, if necessary, uninstall it, modify it again, and reload again without affecting the original NYGM installation.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote