View Single Post
Old 02-21-15, 08:59 AM   #84
HertogJan
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Hi TorpX,

I have a question bout the max surface range and submerged range for the Porpoise class you set ISP 2 (TMO) too.
_TMO =13358m at 13.5Knts
_ISP 2.4 =8114m at 10knts
(13358m at 10knts sounds about right to mee).

I've been looking at different sites for references and keep getting the aprox same surface range which are between 12.000Nm and 13.000Nm for te Porpoise class but when I look at your settings (s3d) they show 8114 miles which is
7050.8 Nm.
I know the game doesn't render the distances correctly compared to real-life but this is really low. Is there a reason you set it that low and does it affect the range in game?

PS_ I read you're tweaking the weather some and am wondering how that's going, I would like to try out your mod in combination with OTC.
(That's why I started looking into the changes you made and see how much your mod changes OTC's as sort of a prep. work prior to installation).

As I can see your Data/submarine/ *.sim file (which is a important file) it changes everything from top to bottom in '11: Unit Submarine' compared to OTC how that effects it, I don't know, but seeing some ppl are using both and its working for them I'm wondering. I remember from a mail from CapnScurvy OTC does not like the changes to draft heights.

Quote from mail:
"The question of whether changing the draft figure in the ships .cfg file would change the correction of the height figure (which does effect the stadimeter/visual telemeter readings)....no, it will not. The .cfg "Draft=" figure (which is in meters....all figures are in meters) only shows up in the Recognition Manual. It doesn't effect the ship model at all.

It's not this figure that changes how the ship sits in the water. To change how a ship sit's in the water, you'll need to open the Data/Sea/shipname.sim (using S3D) file and find the "Mass:" figure. The heaver the Mass:, the deeper in the water it will sit. This type of change WILL effect the Height= (the "Mast=") figure in the .cfg file.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it but to me it sounds like: do not mess with draft height if you want OTC's visuals to work properly.

Maybe CapnScurvy can shed some more light on to this (again).

what started out as a simple inquiry turned into a big question
HertogJan is offline   Reply With Quote