View Single Post
Old 01-18-15, 06:22 AM   #1077
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@alvaro:
Quote:
Can I use "The German U-boats Recopilation of Ahnenerbe in our NYGM?
I have no idea. There are a very large number of mods out there. I cannot be expected to know any of them, unless they were designed for use with NYGM. Please ask the mod's creator.

@infini:
Quote:
When I try to request " New Orders", it's not working correctly.
Maybe the "Depth Charges in the Water" message is affected too, or it's the Time Compression?
I presume that you refer to the Stiebler 4C (or 4B) hard-code fix, not to NYGM.
It seems as though you have a problem with en_menu.txt. Either you have not made the changes to it required (although, if you are using NYGM as your program base, then the changes have already been made for you.) Alternatively, you have installed a new mod containing en_menu.txt over the NYGM mods, and this has overwritten the correct en_menu.txt file.
Quote:
Very tough (mod)
NYGM is neither tough nor easy. It is accurate.

@limkol:
Quote:
My recognition manual doesn't contain merchants. The 2 flags, navy and merchant are there on the cover, but whatever one I click there's only naval ships. Is it me or is that the way it is?
The merchant ships are listed in the same block as the warships. NYGM has been like that for ages. This is probably a bug, but I don't know how to fix it.
Quote:
Also the Radio Direction Finder revolves but stays in its casing (not raised) revolving through the inside wall of the tower.
That is a bug in the original stock SH3.exe, still present in NYGM 3.6F (and all preceding issues). You are sailing, I presume, a U-boat with a type /1 conning tower with FuMO30?
The bug is fixed in the Stiebler 4C hard-code fix (not the earlier A3 fix that you mentioned.)

@Walleye:
Quote:
But when I also activate Supplement to V16B1 and Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1, the mission starts with the radar antenna up, but not rotating. The antenna must first be lowered, then raised, before it begins to rotate. Is this a feature? Am I doing something wrong?
This is a featue of H.sie's hard-code fix to stop the radar rotating as soon as you start a patrol at base. The radar is stopped, but in the up position.
Quote:
Also, when I try to set the radar (FMO_30.dat) to start in the down position (and off!), I get the old "sticking out of the wall" problem. Have I botched the setup somehow?
No botch, this is also an unintended feature. There is a limit to how much time should be spent on improving visual features for a supermod that is intended to be played for its game-realism (not its optical-realism).

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote