View Single Post
Old 10-19-14, 08:41 AM   #990
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Makman94:

I have just checked my copy of H.sie's V16B1.7z download. Although it has the option to use the night vision fix, there do not seem to be any other files that are related to the night vision fix.

However, you posted earlier that the night vision fix requires H.sie's envsim.act file. This is not provided with the V16B1.7z download. I have a copy of H.sie's envsim.act, but I cannot remember from where I obtained it. The file is dated 18 February 2012.

My Stiebler hard-code patch overwrites SH3Sim.act, SH3Sound.act and envsim.act, all with later-dated versions. I believe that the SH3Sim.act and SH3Sound.act files were based on H.sie's last posted files, but that was more than two years ago, and I cannot recall clearly now.
The envsim.act file is definitely different, but my documentation advised users to take whichever envsim.act file they preferred.

Sorry I can't provide more help. I tested the beta version of H.sie's night-vision fix in NYGM, but I was not happy with the results. Again, I can no longer recall the reason.

@hauangua:
As you say, Hitman does not explain how to measure a ship's speed. What I do is this: judge a merchant-ship's speed from the angle of its smoke. Average is 7 knots.
Assume a warship's speed is 12 knots when hunting your U-boat. Assume 25 knots if the warship has not seen you.

Edit: I've just seen Lanzfeld's reply and the time. It took me more than 20 minutes to write this answer.

Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 10-19-14 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Update
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote