View Single Post
Old 03-24-14, 08:24 PM   #177
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
You know, I have to wonder, just how important is the 3.5 " shell ? I would look into the value of a 3" vs a 3.5" more. On a lark i just googled "3.5 inch shotgun" and the first thing that caught my eye was this. Maybe you've already hashed this out for yourself, I dunno, but a cursory look has me wondering about the practical value of a 3.5" shell. I can't say for sure, but I think your options on available shotguns open up a bit more with a 3" shell. In any event, if i were in the market for another shotgun, i'd be looking very closely at the pro's and cons on the two shell sizes.
I'd like to have the option to go to 3.5"

It's traditionally what is used around here for geese. I have a box of 3" duck shells that I haven't gotten to use yet. I just want to get more bang for my buck. Figured i'd just get a good 2.75-3.5 inch gun that can do it all if I'm going to buy one at all.

Quote:
As autoloaders go, i'm not sure there is such a thing as an affordable autoloader. Personally If I had 800 to 2,000 to blow, it wouldn't be on a scattergun.
See, i'm the same way. I've arrived at that conclusion. I'm not going to find a good affordable autoloader. If I wanted one I'd be looking at spending a LOT of money. If I was going to pay more than 800$ for a gun, it would be a tricked out tactical AR or something of the sort. I like a lot of FN's stuff.

Still haven't gotten an M14 yet.