View Single Post
Old 01-08-14, 02:51 PM   #500
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
P.S. In SHO I saw more realistic motion (mechanics) waves .... other foam .... submarine descends from the waves, and then rises!
Very realistic!
Don't forget that SHO's physics model is likely much more simplified compared to SH5. Wave motion and vessels' pitch and roll are probably no more than pre-set visual effects in SHO (smoother and nicer, but lesser real), whereas, in SH5, they must be calculated frame by frame and they affect units' performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
It is a pity that such waves we do not see in SH5!
Well, there are some limitations connected with SH5 waves (small units taking damage or getting submerged by big waves, wind speed limited to a maximum of 15 m/s, AI guns still too accuarate in rough seas, etc.), but I also think that there is a lot of space for improvement achievable by us modders

For a start, there are some physical constants regarding wave propagation and bodie's motion in a fluid that we should study before we can model realistic waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_2012 View Post
So is the Gale version the old normal version? I am trying to swap out from old to new the comparable ones.
The old 'normal version' is now called 'breeze', the medium version is now 'gale' and hurricane is... hurricane
gap is offline   Reply With Quote