View Single Post
Old 09-25-13, 05:41 AM   #156
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
In which file is the "pump" zone located? to which bone is it attached?
It's the main sub .zon file, SH3zoneCtrl@NSS_Uboat7* , attached to the main object(whole sub).
Quote:
Each periscope is functionally composed by two parts, i.e. two separate equipment definitions in equipents.upc: the PeriscopeBody (I think this is the periscope model we see inside the sub) and the PeriscopeHead. The latter are linked to external scope models in UBoot_Sensors.GR2, and you have already given damage boxes to them. On the other hand, PeriscopeBodie's have not external 3d model linking; nonetheless, if my interpretation of them is correct, their models are located in data/Subarine/Common/Parts/Room_?? - Periscop + Anim.GR2, and each got a sim file with PeriscopeStationController and InteractionContext controllers. You could try adding damage boxes to them.
I haven't spent much time exploring common folder, maybe i should do that, but i tried to merge periscopes gr2 files with their sim files without success, goblin editor crashes.... But, like i said before, i'm pretty much satisfied with current periscopes damage and i don't care so much about menu readings...

Quote:
Why on earth one would spend promotion and morale points on damage control crew, if damage on most equipments does nothing?
Hm, flooding control maybe?

Quote:
I don't think so. Repair times are connected with HP damage percent range of each DamageDescription, and with its relative repairtime_in_hours. I know this for sure: those are the settings tweaked by Rongel in his SH 5 Longer Repair Times.

Try changing the HP upc setting of an equipment which got its own damage box and see what happens. Use huge numbers to be sure that eventual effects won't pass unnoticed. I am 99% sure that nothing will happen.
I think i already tried that, 10HP or 1000HP, it's the same...

Quote:
Is this happening only with the GHG? If so, there should be a workaround for this. I cannot add meshes to it in the stock GR2 file (we can only import new meshes when they already exist), but I can create a GHG object with invible meshes in a new file
I think so...Although, i haven't tested KDB hidrophone so much because i dont know how to add updated hidrophone to the test mission, it's always standard GHG...

Quote:
This is actually weird, the controller attached to hydrophone sensors works for both the human player and AI crew, and destroying/damaging it should affect our sonarman. Tomorrow I will see what is going on with it
Actually, i expected this kind of behavior...Hydrophones are completely different from the deck gun for example and when crew reporting you bearings and distance, it looks like those readings aren't connected to hydrophone controllers in any case. Example is, you can ask sonarmen for nearest contact even while You using hydrophone and pointing sensors in completely different direction. It's like underwater version of "nearest visual contact" report...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote