View Single Post
Old 09-24-13, 06:46 PM   #153
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
If I understand correctly, the exposure factor is sort of a damage multiplier which is applied to crew, weapons and equipment of each compartment,
Correct!

Quote:
unless (I wonder why?) they are linked to an external 3d model, and the model got a damage box. Is this correct?
Yes, except, it doesn't need to be external 3D model,you only need damage box with correct description. Take ubt command room
for example. There we have (in damage menu) slots for attack and obs periscope, pumps and torpedo data(probably TDC). Now all those items taking damage from hits to box with description "ubtcommroom", except pumps which have their own damage box with description "pumps". Because of this, damage percentage for them(pumps) is calculated properly in damage menu , depending of settings in zone definition from zone.cfg. Somehow, game is hardcoded to think that periscopes are linked to command room and that is the problem. I did not tested this but i think, if i add one box with description obs.periscope to main submarine .zon file, then amount of damage will be calculated correctly but there is no use of this because real periscope is "disconnected" completely from zones from main submarine zon.

Quote:
Two thoughts:

- functionalities of most equipments are connected with the controllers applied to their 3d models. Therefore, the more damage shown in the damage management window, the worse their functioning. On the other hand, equipments missing 3d meshes/controllers can take damage, but this damage is not actually connected with any function. It that was true, it would imply that damage shown for them in the damage management UI is correct, but this damage is just a cosmetic feature, not involving any loss of functionality
Yes , something like that, except damage for engines and batteries and maybe for pumps and compressor, i'm not sure that those last two have any effect on sub performances (maybe you know more about this).By default, Engines and batteries are only things that actually work in SH5 damage modeling, everything else is pure cosmetic...

Quote:
- the HP setting in upc files is probably applied to equipments missing 3d models and damage boxes. If an equipment got a damage box, the HP setting of its zone (or of his SH3ZonnesCtrl controller) is used instead.

Can you confimr/disconfirm my thoughts?
[/QUOTE] I really dont know.. I've got some mine theory that those HP from UPC are somehow connected to repair times...but i'm not sure, maybe they are just one big NOTHING...:P
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote