View Single Post
Old 09-17-13, 02:54 PM   #102
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I see, those are default definitions then...
Yes, unless I made a mess with them

In any case creating new shells is really easy. Stock shells are grouped per caliber and gross category (AP, HE, AA and SS), so basically all the guns of the same caliber fire the same kind of ammunition. It is my intention for a future version of the Historical Guns Specs mod to give each gun its own shells with AP, radius and damage customized according to real ballistic properties of oerdanance historically fire by them. You are welcomed into partecipate in this project

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Tell me Gap (i'm starting to be pain in the ass again ), have you and other moders ever experimented with AI guns elevation speeds and fire angle tolerances in order to reduce uber AI precision? Like Sober did for submarine's deck guns with his "bed weather deck gun" mod.
Yes, as abundantly tested by sober first, and then by me and especially by Volodya, below certain values traverse/elevation rates have a big impact on AI aiming accuracy. On the contrary, our many tests with various tolerance factor settings, didn't show any clear trend. This is talking about U-boat guns which, as you can imagine, differ from other guns under several aspects.
Despite your first tests with them, some global factors, as Waves amplitude, Waves attenuation, Max error angle and Max fire wait, might (and should) play a role as well.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote