View Single Post
Old 10-08-11, 01:37 PM   #2338
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

I have been playing the alpha-2 wolf-pack release for several days now, in campaign mode.

So far, it has not been possible to cause a single wolf-pack attack on a convoy when the 'lite' option is toggled off. I.e, realistic mode selected. I have attacked perhaps 20 convoys, over five campaign patrols, during June 1942- June 1943, all in north and middle Atlantic.

I have tried sending contact reports at night and at day, and in flat seas (wind 0 m/s) all the way up to 12 m/s. I have tried to send contact reports only when the wind is weak and the visibility is clear in daylight, while ignoring first contact with convoys in storms/night-time/medium fog. In every case, after my first contact report, the message from BdU is one of the variations of 'attack alone'. There is never a request to send hourly contact reports.

H.sie, I think you may need to check the code for 'realistic' wolf-packs. Otherwise, I have been terribly unlucky with my contact reports, far too many times.

Can anyone else confirm my experience?

Quote:
In the forthcoming patches, I will no more put the whole en_menu.txt in the Supplement-MOD. Instead, I will only put the additional messages into a separate file, which the users have to append to their individual en_menu.txt. This could prevent users to make the same mistake as Rhodes did. Would be kind if you also do so.
Agreed.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote