View Single Post
Old 09-28-11, 05:21 AM   #579
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@toolsey2:

Since H.sie/LGN1's Wolfpack mod is not yet 'final', there is no purpose yet in making any changes to NYGM.

In order to test the Wolfpack mod, simply patch your *original* version of SH3.exe with the Wolf-pack toolkit, following the patchkit instructions.

Then use JScones' famous JSGME (see sticky thread in this SH3Mods forum) in order to overlay the folder which you created for the wolfpack mod onto your NYGM setup.

This will have some strange side-effects, since it uses the en/de_menu.txt files from GWX, not NYGM, and the campaign_scr.mis file will be completely overwritten with the wolfpack file of the same name, which contains nothing but eight AI U-boats. However, you can play NYGM and test the Wolfpack mod like this.

Please note that you MUST NOT use my Surrender-Smoke-CAMship patch with the Wolf-pack patch. The two patches write to similar areas of memory, and this will cause a computer crash to desktop (CTD).

I shall rewrite my Surrender-Smoke-CAMship patch once the Wolfpack patch is finalised.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote