View Single Post
Old 12-08-10, 12:54 PM   #153
Radtgaeb
Frogman

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm just saying, you can't compare the poor to the middle and upper classes. Just like you can't compare the middle to the upper class.

We're not talking about tax brackets, we're discussing uniform policy. Apples and oranges.

A student is a student is a student. Regardless of income bracket, teenagers are going to be teenagers. Distractions are distractions. Cliques are cliques. Geographic location/income differentials will play in the population count of each clique...but they're going to be there.

The advent of a uniform policy defends against the outward display of clique affiliation (being an intern in the police department of the city I attend college at, I think "gang affiliation"); cutting down on propensity for distraction in the form of scuffles or heated argument/verbal disagreements. It can also be argued that a uniform policy would protect against the possibility of teachers showing preference for upper-class students...the difference would be less obvious because everyone would be wearing the same clothes, same colors. Because, let's face it, most of us tend to think more highly of well-dressed individuals, no?