Old 08-05-10, 01:37 PM   #3771
Tectronus
Watch

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTurtle View Post
Hello TheDarkWraith,

Back from hollidays... Tested your solution but it doenst seems to work.

I would like to launch torpedoes in "arcade mode" like the old SH3 just to have fun.

In the old SH3 you just lock and aim the ship with the periscope, wait for a good angle, set the depth of the torpedoe just under the keel, set speed and magnetic and then fire. It was a precise aiming with the scope (front or back of the ship).

But now this is impossible. If I use auto-TDC and aim the ship, it will just shoot straight ahead or miss the boat each time.

If I use the icon for the recognition/solution/fire it will miss, the torpedoes is not precise... Even in manual tdc.

Maybe im not understanding something... But is it possible to aim&shoot like SH3 without the bubbles or the manual TDC ?

Of course I can learn manual TDC, but im just playing for fun, and the ambiant of the SH.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectronus View Post
I got this working the way you want it the other day by accident.. You have to change a opt in the thedarkwraith.py script.. Let me go look.

Never mind. You don't have to change any opt in the script. I was thinking of something else. This works right now with his ui out of the box. I never notice because i don't use auto.

The TDC has to be off and you can't lock the target with space. You can use x key to keep the target locked with the scope. Aob and speed and range are calculated auto just like sh3. Just have the periscope over any portion of the target and fire.

To check if the gyro angle is good your going to have to watch it your self. Turn minimal or all dial on.. you will see the gyro angle. + or - 10 deg is good angle.
Tectronus is offline   Reply With Quote