View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 04:06 AM   #24
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbjackso View Post
OK, I pulled the files out of RFB v1.4 mod, (which is still in the subsim download page in the mega mod section).

I did change the .dds files, (I'm pretty good at that) in the Terrain/LocationMaps directory.

The only changes I made to the US and Japan Air Cover.mis files was removing the location names (LAB/NAB/SAB) from each individual airbase. Other than that, the files are the same as the ones in the RFB v1.4 mod.

Here is the link from Leovampire's original mod if you are interested. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118989

Just so you know, I ran a file comparison between just the US_Aircover.mis files. The one included in your mod, and the current one in RSRDC_TMO_V502 and there are thousands of differences between the two. (File size also differs by about 10k bytes- that was the first clue! - The Jap_Aircover.mis files differ in size by over 30k bytes... a pattern is emerging here. LOL ) I am fairly confident that enabling your mod after RSRD will effectively break RSRD in some fashion.

Just so everybody understands, the old RFB file that you used is not even close to the new RSRD file.

And that was just the first of the files that were modded.

Making the changes to Lurkers files and including them in your release might be a better idea. I can't speak to the RFB release because I don't use it.

I also use TMO with RSRD and my work around was to enable RSRD after your mod and let Lurkers files over write yours- of course I lose the airbase emblems, etc- but the map is still nice.

You may want to message Lurker and bounce it off him for suggestions on compatibility. Since you also use RSRD, and RSRD_TMO is already compatible with TMO...

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!

Last edited by JoeCorrado; 06-07-10 at 04:23 AM.
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote