View Single Post
Old 04-18-10, 07:01 PM   #607
flapjack
Swabbie

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default Depth charges stop, major drop in framerate in certain places

Hi RFB team, great mod!

I'm running RFB 2.0, RSRDC for RFB, RSRDC patch (in that order).

I noticed two problems. Both occurred on the Single Mission "Borneo Convoy" with the Gato-class sub.

== Problem #1: DD depth charges ==

The DD's depth-charged me over a period of about 15 minutes, then stopped. They were still searching for me, pinging, and finding me, but they'd just zoom over my position without actually dropping depth charges.

In external cam view, I noticed that all three of the DD's were actually missing their DC racks. I only bothered to look after the depth charge attacks stopped, so I don't know if the racks were there when I was being depth-charged earlier.

I noticed that others reported this problem earlier in the thread, so I was wondering if it was resolved.

== Problem #2: Stuttering / low frame rate ==

Some interior views, and exterior views of the surfaced sub, would drop my framerate from typical 25-30 down to 2 or 1, rendering the game almost entirely unplayable. I also noticed that some of the crew (light blue shirt, white sailor's cap) were somewhat transparent. From outside on the bridge, I could the bridge railings right through them! I think this is related to the low FPS.

This is actually a big problem for me, because the drop in frame-rate occurs for maybe 75% of the viewable area of bridge, and almost the entire control room. At 2 fps, the game is totally unplayable.

Note: I haven't installed the March 7 patch yet, so maybe that will fix the problem. But I didn't see anything about these issues in the messages about that patch, so ... yeah. :-)

Thanks again for a great mod!

-- flapjack
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote