View Single Post
Old 10-15-09, 05:39 AM   #273
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Foz:

It sounds from your description (that you have several major mods running) that your folder My Documents\SH3 is confused.

The easy solution is to rename this folder SH3 to something temporary (eg XXXSH3XXX) so that you do not lose its contents, then try to start up SH3/NYGM again.

Please note that the files on SUBSIM are correct for NYGM (see my signature at the bottom of this post). Any files on Filefront are now out-of-date, and are not being maintained. Throw away any FileFront NYGM files that you have. I would advise downloading the official NYGM files from SubSim again, just to be sure you have the correct files.

You must always install any of the supermods, or updates to them, while at base, not at sea.

If there remains a problem after renaming your file My Doccuments\SH3, as I have just described, then start again with a fresh installation of Silent Hunter III, make sure you have official patch 1.4b installed, then run the game just once (one patrol in career mode, returning quickly to base) to make sure all is well thus far. Delete your new folder My Documents\SH3.

Then install NYGM 2.5 all by itself from a MODS folder you have created (Ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods) and install NYGM 2.5 with JScones' JSGME. Check again that all is well. Your folder structure BEFORE using JSGME should look like this:
ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM Tonnage War 2.5\data\...

Some users report that, after unzipping the NYGM 2.5.7z file with WinRAR, (the file is best unzipped with the free 7-zip), they get this mod structure instead:
ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods\NYGM Tonnage War 2.5\NYGM Tonnage War 2.5\data\...
If this happens move all the data folder from the second occurence of NYGM 2.5 Tonnage War into the first sub-folder NYGM Tonnage War 2.5.

When you are happy that NYGM 2.5 is working on your computer, then you can install the other overlays, as listed in the instructions in the NYGM page on the SubSim download site.

I hope that resolves all problems.

Good luck!
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote