SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Flakmonkey's Interior with crew (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180438)

Plissken_04 04-29-16 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan (Post 2400918)

Direct Download:

ftp://Maik:Woelfe@hartmuthaas.no-ip....h_crew_BETA.7z

ftp://Maik:Woelfe@diskstation.gn7vmw...h_crew_BETA.7z

ftp://Maik:Woelfe@diskstation.fritz....h_crew_BETA.7z

Use Internet Explorer or Firefox for Download!!!

So Long

Maik

flyer102 05-04-16 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plissken_04 (Post 2400944)

Thx :up::up::up:

Jimbuna 07-09-16 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG (Post 2417461)
What a pity to see this thread cluttered with OT/welcome/small-talk, but no real progress is to be seen.

I have now contacted Mchalo and asked him.

What an even bigger pity you see fit to comment on the posts of others which only adds further to the 'clutter' as you deem fit to call it.

You do not moderate this area of the forum and I would thank you in advance to desist from posting blanket statements that could well be perceived as those of a negative nature to those members of the community who have posted in good faith.

BigWalleye 07-09-16 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2417573)
What an even bigger pity you see fit to comment on the posts of others which only adds further to the 'clutter' as you deem fit to call it.

You do not moderate this area of the forum and I would thank you in advance to desist from posting blanket statements that could well be perceived as those of a negative nature to those members of the community who have posted in good faith.

Jim, the flurries of "Welcome aboard" posts, are well-intentioned and possibly gratifying to the newbie. But they consume bandwidth and storage space on the server. Bandwidth and storage space cost money. As a contributor to and financial supporter of SubSim, I believe I have "standing" in this matter. I agree with BK that I would rather see SubSim's limited resources spent on issues of impotance to the community, instead of feel-good for first-timers, some of whom only post once-in-a-lifetime to get the downloads. Perhaps the greetings could be limited to 1 or 2 official "Greeters"? That would serve the purpose of welcoming new members while still being cost-conscious.

BTW, BK has contributed a great deal to the SubSim community with his efforts, and his posts here, viewed in toto, I don't think can fairly be characterized as "clutter." Just my opinion, but I think he has earned a bit more respect than that.

Jimbuna 07-09-16 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWalleye (Post 2417580)
Jim, the flurries of "Welcome aboard" posts, are well-intentioned and possibly gratifying to the newbie. But they consume bandwidth and storage space on the server. Bandwidth and storage space cost money. As a contributor to and financial supporter of SubSim, I believe I have "standing" in this matter. I agree with BK that I would rather see SubSim's limited resources spent on issues of impotance to the community, instead of feel-good for first-timers, some of whom only post once-in-a-lifetime to get the downloads. Perhaps the greetings could be limited to 1 or 2 official "Greeters"? That would serve the purpose of welcoming new members while still being cost-conscious.

BTW, BK has contributed a great deal to the SubSim community with his efforts, and his posts here, viewed in toto, I don't think can fairly be characterized as "clutter." Just my opinion, but I think he has earned a bit more respect than that.

Regarding the "Welcome aboard" posts, I fully agree and have felt similarly for a long time but I also have to take into consideration Neals wishes which are of the opinion that welcoming posts are a positive contribution to the community but to what extent those messages in threads such as this are of lesser value is open to individual interpretation and as such I certainly don't have the time to weed out those of such a nature throughout the forum.

You may want to PM Neal if you disagree or would like further explanation.

Your last paragraph: I wasn't the one to introduce the word 'clutter' and quite frankly I'm at a loss to see where any lack of respect is suspected. My response was directed solely at the post I quoted and certainly not intended to cast any aspersion on anyone.

I trust you'll appreciate if I don't go too much into contributions financial, modding or otherwise....my cv is up there with all of them.

Of course, my position in the community obviously brings with it total scrutiny and as such I must be prepared to explain my actions when necessary.

Oh the joys of being a moderator :03:

BigWalleye 07-09-16 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2417588)
Regarding the "Welcome aboard" posts, I fully agree and have felt similarly for a long time but I also have to take into consideration Neals wishes

It's his boat.

Quote:

That's why you mods get the Big Bucks!::har:

Aktungbby 07-09-16 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWalleye (Post 2417580)
Perhaps the greetings could be limited to 1 or 2 official "Greeters"? That would serve the purpose of welcoming new members while still being cost-conscious.

There are twenty.http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=6322
Quote:

At Subsim, we truly prize new members to the crew. This award signifies that this member welcomes new members to the forum. To earn this award, you must consistently welcome new members in the Comments to Subsim forum, be friendly, and sincere. There are 20 positions for this badge, and members are added and removed periodically as their activity warrants. The Admin checks this on a weekly basis.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2417588)
Regarding the "Welcome aboard" posts, I fully agree and have felt similarly for a long time but I also have to take into consideration Neals wishes which are of the opinion that welcoming posts are a positive contribution to the community

Since joining, I have always been on the alert for new members and realized early on that the Comments to Subsim, while ideal, wasn't entirely sufficient in the great Subsim thread Sargasso. Moreover it is also a multi-function task of checking for 'legitimacy', previous activity and long 'silent-runs ie a "welcome back"; I thus nailed a duplicate poster within the fortnight and occasionally it has spilled over into outright spam detection. Good :subsim: manners sort of meets 'no child left behind' imho:shucks:;:salute: and even then, I miss a few. I regard the task as so routinely important that I would not mind if it did not apply to overall post counts...about 33% in my case.

Jeff-Groves 07-10-16 03:25 PM

Talk about clutter!!

You managed to kick a Moderator in the gonnads and throw up a wall of text all in one post.
And nothing is on topic.

Nice.
:har:

areo16 07-10-16 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2417842)
Talk about clutter!!

You managed to kick a Moderator in the gonnads and throw up a wall of text all in one post.
And nothing is on topic.

Nice.
:har:

If you think THAT is being kicked in the gonnads then you haven't been kicked in the gonnads....

Thanks for the on-topic post and for not adding to the clutter!!

:haha::rotfl2::har: