SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Goblin editor change max diving dept (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=198010)

robbierob2005 08-28-12 08:57 AM

Goblin editor change max diving dept

Hi

Using the goblin editor I did find a way change the speed etc. These data is being found inthe .sim files.

But I can't find the data that stands for the maximum diving dept (crush dept).
Is that value to be found in the same .sim file? Or do I have to check an other one.
(or is it just me being blind)

If someone can give me a hint where to search.. Thanks:up:

gap 08-28-12 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbierob2005 (Post 1927265)
Hi

Using the goblin editor I did find a way change the speed etc. These data is being found inthe .sim files.

But I can't find the data that stands for the maximum diving dept (crush dept).
Is that value to be found in the same .sim file? Or do I have to check an other one.
(or is it just me being blind)

If someone can give me a hint where to search.. Thanks:up:

Dunno wether/how these settings get applied in game, anyway in NSS_Uboatxx.cfg there is this group of parameters under the [Properties] header:

PeriscopeDepth=
SnorkelDepth=
CrashDepth=
MaxDepth=
DiveDepth=
SurfaceDepth=
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=
StormConditions=

volodya61 08-28-12 09:49 AM

You can also playing with the max speed in NSS_Uboatxx.cfg

MaxSpeed=
MaxSpeedSubmerged=

robbierob2005 08-29-12 08:12 AM

Thanks. Will try this.:)

gap 08-29-12 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbierob2005 (Post 1927631)
Thanks. Will try this.:)

Let us know :up:

robbierob2005 07-08-15 01:37 AM

Hi

I am bringing this one up. I'm starting playing SH5 again and digging myself into the files for modding.

I'm still looking for a way to change the maximum diving dept. I changed the values in the cfg files but editing that doesn't change a thing.

When editing the sim file of the boat with the Goblin Editor I can succesfully change the maximum speed but I can't find the values for changing the maximum diving dept.
I also opened the zon file of the boat and I found a entry called CRASHDEPTH. But changing that value to some ridiculous high number doesn't let the boat dive to that depth.
The boat crushes at about 240-280 meters and than dives deep in to the abyss to end the game at the value given in the zon file.

Does anyone know where to look for the value that let's you dive your boat for example below 300 meters safely? (I know this is not historically accurate)

Thanks.

Robert

THE_MASK 07-08-15 04:03 AM

Notepad maybe .
Silent hunter 5\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7a config file .
Probably start a new career to see it work .

vdr1981 07-08-15 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbierob2005 (Post 2327134)
Hi

I am bringing this one up. I'm starting playing SH5 again and digging myself into the files for modding.

I'm still looking for a way to change the maximum diving dept. I changed the values in the cfg files but editing that doesn't change a thing.

When editing the sim file of the boat with the Goblin Editor I can succesfully change the maximum speed but I can't find the values for changing the maximum diving dept.
I also opened the zon file of the boat and I found a entry called CRASHDEPTH. But changing that value to some ridiculous high number doesn't let the boat dive to that depth.
The boat crushes at about 240-280 meters and than dives deep in to the abyss to end the game at the value given in the zon file.

Does anyone know where to look for the value that let's you dive your boat for example below 300 meters safely? (I know this is not historically accurate)

Thanks.

Robert

Submarine .cfg file doesn't do anything in that regard...
You need to increase crush depth value in subarine .zon file, SHcollision controller...:yep:

Crush depth and other values in cfg file only determent GUI commands, for example, if crash depth is set to 100m in cfg file, then your sub will dive to 100m when you click crash dive command...

That may be because your navigator and his ridiculous increase max dive depth ability is not "trained" enough. Because this feature is so stupid IMO, I've made it free from the start in WoS megamod...

robbierob2005 07-09-15 01:19 AM

Found out that compartments have an individual crush depth set in the zones.cfg file. Editing that did the trick.

jacobwong 08-18-20 12:30 PM

mind if sharing how to edit the crush depth in goblin?

mind if sharing how to edit the crush depth in goblin?

robbierob2005 08-28-20 08:42 AM

I'm sorry. I forgot.
I think it was editing the crush dept on different uboat compartments under the uboat section in the zones.cfg file. You can edit it with notepad.