SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   How Do You Watch Das Boot (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135821)

Kaptain Hans Wolf 04-25-08 10:36 PM

How Do You Watch Das Boot

im thinking no one on theese forums has not seen this movie if not go buy it. but how do you watch it, i watch it in german with english subtitles.

Sailor Steve 04-25-08 11:10 PM

German, of course, with subtitles.

Which version do you have? The 2 1/2 hour movie version, the 3 1/2 hour director's cut, or the 5 hour uncut miniseries version?

I only watch the long one these days, about once a month.

mcf1 04-25-08 11:42 PM

German no subtitles

Able72 04-26-08 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
German, of course, with subtitles.

Which version do you have? The 2 1/2 hour movie version, the 3 1/2 hour director's cut, or the 5 hour uncut miniseries version?

I only watch the long one these days, about once a month.

They made a miniseries version?

I've got a copy of the Directors Cut, I didn't know they had made a longer one.

I watch it in English with English Subtitles. It is interesting to see the difference in what they dubbed with and what was used in the text.

TarJak 04-26-08 03:20 AM

German with subtitles.

Myxale 04-26-08 04:19 AM

I watch this holy Grail of UBoot movies in German! Alone and with a decent cuppa Tea!

And not to mentoin loud enough that my neighbours can hear the IIWO yell ALARM!:rock:

kiwi_2005 04-26-08 04:54 AM

English a few times then i tried German with subtitles. I never get sick of that movie.

Wreford-Brown 04-26-08 04:58 AM

German with English subtitles. The slight difference between the English words and the German lip movement in the dubbed version does my head in!

Murr44 04-26-08 05:56 AM

Director's cut dvd. German without subtitles. Even though my German is extremely limited it's still fairly easy to figure out what's being said. I watch it maybe once a year...

Bosje 04-26-08 06:08 AM

i recently bought it and watch it occasionally, in german with subtitles. the annoying thing is that the german, english and dutch subtitles are all exactly the same, and they are all NOT what is being said

but what an awesome movie, absolutely brilliant

Schwuppes 04-26-08 06:20 AM

Im German so obviously I watch it in German... I have the directors cut and the mini series version. Mini series wins hands down.... I watch it a couple of times per year.

but the DC with remastered soundtrack absolutely kicks ass on my 5.1 THX sound system!

VIICDriver 04-26-08 06:39 AM

English WITH subtitles that do not match exactly what is being said in English!

LOL

or a better answer would be "All the time".

Chuck

Elmer Kosterman 04-26-08 08:00 AM

1. Watch with English dubbing.
2. Move to Germany.
3. Learn German.
4. Watch in German with English subtitles.
5. Read the book in German.
6. Ditch the subtitles.

FIREWALL 04-26-08 08:39 AM

I use the Chinese subtitles and mute the volume.

And I can't read ,speak , or understand Chinese.

Redbear 04-26-08 08:58 AM

Normally German with English subtitles. Once in a while I'll turn off the subtitles and concentrate on the movie itself - seems the subtitles are a distraction sometimes. I can understand some German, but by now it is mostly that I've seen it so many times that I know what much of the dialoge is!

I have the director's cut (superbit), and the original miniseries version. I like the miniseries version best.