SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Living Silent Hunter III V5 - Download – Mod’s Tool’s, Info’s and Support.. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159165)

Kaleun Cook 01-22-10 07:58 PM

Now I had the chance to try the mod on a convoy. Unfortunately, the crew was blind in the fog: when I entered the bridge, the boat was surrounded by clearly visible ships. However, the next thing was impressive: A destroyer rushed in, hit the boat with its bow and the sub was almost immediately lost due to the collision. Very nice!

I've got two questions about the special OLC GUI for this mod, since I'm used to the no-zoom-version in GWX:

So when zoomed in, I line up the counted horizontal marks with 90, when zoomed with the sratch further to the right?

So in this version I need to read the distance from the doubled mast values, right? But Are the values in the recognition book already doubled or not? If it says 20.1 m (x2), does that mean to read the distance at 20.1 and that this is already the doubled value, or does it mean to read the distance at 40.2?

kiwi_2005 01-24-10 07:19 AM

fresh install sh3, patched to 1.4, only LSH3 v5 mods being used and no SH3 Commander. The HiRes ON,

Runs perfect WHEN started. Trouble is like LSH3 v4 this mod takes forever to load on my pc - 14 minutes just to load a single mission is ridiculous. Gets to the 100% in about 30 seconds then will sit there loading for the next 12-15 minutes.

I had the same problem with v4 too. Zonealarm is in gamemode, no antivirus software installed. PC is more than capable to run this mod. Anyone else have the long load time problem.

Other than that the game runs fine * looks great

thomasf95 01-25-10 10:15 AM

I can not figure out how to install lsh3

hi. I can not figure out how to install it. so can not help me get it installed on

Uber Gruber 01-25-10 11:52 AM

@Corsair

Thanks for replying mate. I've played with both and my conclusion is i'm gonna stay with WAC because it has more of the war scripted in its campaign. That said, I really do like the harbours and locks in LSH3, they seem "fuller" and those signal flags etc are just brilliant.

I do hope that they can be incorporated into WAC at some stage. Also I would love it if the Kiel OUT/IN auto-plots could be fixed in WAC.

I should probably post this in the WaC thread but I think HanSolo needs a rest :03:

blueduck 01-25-10 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 (Post 1244679)
fresh install sh3, patched to 1.4, only LSH3 v5 mods being used and no SH3 Commander. The HiRes ON,

Runs perfect WHEN started. Trouble is like LSH3 v4 this mod takes forever to load on my pc - 14 minutes just to load a single mission is ridiculous. Gets to the 100% in about 30 seconds then will sit there loading for the next 12-15 minutes.

I had the same problem with v4 too. Zonealarm is in gamemode, no antivirus software installed. PC is more than capable to run this mod. Anyone else have the long load time problem.

Other than that the game runs fine * looks great

Hello kiwi_2005,

sorry but the loading time is correct, depending on your PC's hardware.
You told that LSH3V4 nearly took the same time. That is true.
The campaign files contain a lot more of traffic than Standard SH3.

If you just want to play single missions use the _LSH3_V5__SingleMultiplayer-Missionen. This MOD comes with 20 Missions and has empty campaign files. Will load much quicker.

Greets Blueduck

blueduck 01-25-10 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasf95 (Post 1245501)
hi. I can not figure out how to install it. so can not help me get it installed on

Hello thomasf95,

did you download an read the "LSH3 V5 Installation manual "?

Greets Blueduck

luiggi51 01-25-10 06:54 PM

Is there any mirror to download the 5 Live SH parts? due to my pathetically low Internet speed, all my attemps to D/L had been aborted by the server, as they would take more than an hour...:damn:

blueduck 01-25-10 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luiggi51 (Post 1246055)
Is there any mirror to download the 5 Live SH parts? due to my pathetically low Internet speed, all my attemps to D/L had been aborted by the server, as they would take more than an hour...:damn:

Hello luiggi51,

see your PN!

Greetz Blueduck

kiwi_2005 01-27-10 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luiggi51 (Post 1246055)

Im the same my internet aint speedy if i use a browser to download when i tried it states 2hrs for download to complete. So I loaded Internet download manager (can grab the trial version gives you full access for 30days) Download & install, then in the LSH3 site right click on the link and copy. Open up IDM and choose 'New Download' option and paste link in, IDM will proceed to dl. Had no problems took 20-35min for each dl to finish.

Quote:

Hello kiwi_2005,

sorry but the loading time is correct, depending on your PC's hardware.
You told that LSH3V4 nearly took the same time. That is true.
The campaign files contain a lot more of traffic than Standard SH3.

If you just want to play single missions use the _LSH3_V5__SingleMultiplayer-Missionen. This MOD comes with 20 Missions and has empty campaign files. Will load much quicker.

Greets Blueduck
No problems, to impatient to want to run your mod so i go away and have a coffee while its loading up. :up:

bigboywooly 01-30-10 11:48 PM

Not sure if been posted already but as I sail down ole Kaiser Bills shortcut

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...eptember39.jpg

A6Intruder 01-31-10 03:00 AM

This issue has been reported in german ubi-forum and as far as i know there is no solution untill now.
Btw good to see you back!
Best regards:salute:

bigboywooly 01-31-10 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A6Intruder (Post 1253458)
This issue has been reported in german ubi-forum and as far as i know there is no solution untill now.
Btw good to see you back!
Best regards:salute:

Ah thats ok then
Thanx A6
Glad to be back just trying to catch up now
:yeah:

Just took a quick look at mission ed

Looks like could be Barkasse#13
Also GE Tug Boat#6 ( Kiel ) doesnt delete on last waypoint or loop back to any previous so that runs adrift too
Same for Kiel Merchant 1939
And Wilhelm GE Small Tanker#3
And Caribou Small Merchant#1

And BR Trawler#6 off Porland - that one has its last waypoint set to do not loop so off it goes around the map

With the editor playing slowish you can see the ones which run off

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/LSHerror.jpg

Had plenty of those in GWX too
Hope that helps a lil

Magic1111 01-31-10 09:31 AM

Hello bigboywooly !

Many thanks for the Info ! :up:

Best regards,
Magic

bigboywooly 01-31-10 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 1253625)
Hello bigboywooly !

Many thanks for the Info ! :up:

Best regards,
Magic

No problem
Hope it helps
:yeah:

blueduck 01-31-10 09:25 PM

LSH3 V5 - MOD Activation

Hello LSH3-friends,

in the past there have been some bug-reports due to a wrong order in activation of the MODs delivered with LSH3 V5.
Therefore we have created this manual with the most common combinations of MODs.

Furthermore we have saved these JSGME-Profiles and packed into this package.

This Manual will be available via the download- webpage and on the new MODs-webpage in the “V5-Manuals” section. The whole package including the JSGME-Profiles is available for download at: www.lsh3.com/v5/mods_en.html

http://www.lsh3.com/public/banner/ls...vierung_EN.jpg

At the LSH3_V5-MODs-webpage we will deliver new MODs in short times.
We will keep you up to date in case of further releases.

Regards Blueduck