SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Flakmonkey's Interior with crew (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180438)

Anvart 05-09-11 05:32 PM

Yeah... else to work and to work... :hmmm:

Alex 05-09-11 05:37 PM

NOW it's alive ! Congrats guys ! :shucks: :shucks:

Can't wait to read Dan's comments on this project. :up:

Fish In The Water 05-10-11 12:31 AM

Congratulations gentlemen! :woot:

Certainly does bring it to life. Thumbs up for the effort! :up:

java`s revenge 05-10-11 02:45 AM

Outstanding :yeah:

urfisch 05-10-11 07:36 AM

nice guys...very nice.

have you tried to use new crew models instead for the animations? this should work...as to privateers words...

:hmmm:

MCHALO12 05-10-11 11:02 AM

Hi friends,

I'm very glad you like the teaser! As you probably noticed there is not much work left in the Diesel room, the other rooms will get reworked until release and new crew members will also be included in the "Unteroffiziersmesse". Sorry, I do not know the correct English term, it's the room between the command room and the kitchen (probably not the really appropriate word, too :)).

@urfish: using new crew models is not as simple as importing the new 3D-modell. When it comes to only my mod, the effort of implementing the new meshes would be considerable but worth the result. The problem is the stock crew. In my opinion it would not make sense to only change the models of the additional crew members. With the stock crew, we had to redo every animation from scratch and furthermore had to learn how lip synchronisation and movement of the eyes work in SH3. I just don't think that would be worth the effort, as there are more important things to do first, for example the stern and forward torpedo rooms.

Best regards, MCHALO12.

DivingDuck 05-10-11 02:25 PM

Moin urfisch,

of course we are 'nice guys'. LOL.

the models used are new, technically spoken. They do not call the mesh from the Body.dat. If you would use our base mesh to replace the stock MAD base mesh, you would end up screwed as known from the 'Ultimate Animation...' thread. So, itīs built from scratch.

Some of the animations are triggered by certain orders/events. Others are called randomly to avoid robotic loops.

Regards,
DD

MADLOU 05-10-11 02:38 PM

You modders never cease to amaze me. Ubisoft should just pay you guys top dollar to make official addons to the all the silent hunter games, then we would all be very happy. Keep up the amazing great work!

Fish In The Water 05-11-11 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1661180)
I just don't think that would be worth the effort, as there are more important things to do first, for example the stern and forward torpedo rooms.

Stern and forward torpedo rooms? Did I hear that right?

Would obviously make a fantastic addition. So, are there any plans at this point? :hmmm:

MCHALO12 05-11-11 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish In The Water (Post 1661677)
Stern and forward torpedo rooms? Did I hear that right?

Would obviously make a fantastic addition. So, are there any plans at this point? :hmmm:

Hi Fish in the water,

yes, there actually are plans to add these two missing compartments. I had already started modeling the aft torpedo room when I had the idea of creating additional crew members, which I desided to do first. When the crew issue is solved, I will return to working on the missing compartments.

Best regards, MCHALO12.

complutum 05-11-11 10:35 AM

what about extend this really great job to the Type IX?

MCHALO12 05-11-11 03:07 PM

Hi Complutum,

it should, of course, be the ultimate goal to have all types of submarines with completely modeled interior, but I think it's way to early to think about the type IX before the type VII is done!

Best regards, MCHALO12.

Jimbuna 05-11-11 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1662040)
Hi Complutum,

it should, of course, be the ultimate goal to have all types of submarines with completely modeled interior, but I think it's way to early to think about the type IX before the type VII is done!

Best regards, MCHALO12.

Good/Fair post.

Fish In The Water 05-12-11 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1661841)
yes, there actually are plans to add these two missing compartments.

Very happy to hear this...

Having the interior of the boat 'complete' would be a great achievement. Best of luck in your endeavors, I'll definitely be pulling for you (as I'm sure many others will be as well). :yeah:

urfisch 05-12-11 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck (Post 1661332)
Moin urfisch,

of course we are 'nice guys'. LOL.

the models used are new, technically spoken. They do not call the mesh from the Body.dat. If you would use our base mesh to replace the stock MAD base mesh, you would end up screwed as known from the 'Ultimate Animation...' thread. So, itīs built from scratch.

Some of the animations are triggered by certain orders/events. Others are called randomly to avoid robotic loops.

Regards,
DD

this is what i mean. if you work from scratch (what has to be done, as to the mixed up vertices-problem), you could use the models from sh4 or sh5! did you try that?...

:hmmm: