SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   WBs mod page (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=137713)

Jimbuna 12-24-09 06:27 PM

Nice one http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

h.sie 01-02-10 08:46 AM

Hello WB,

let me first say thank you for your work! And a happy new year.

There is also a question regarding Mission Orders V1.1. If I'm informed correctly, Mission Orders is already part of GWx3. But the files contained in Mission Orders V1.1 have a later date and a bigger file size than those in GWX. Does that mean, Mission Orders V1.1 is an update for GWX3?

h.sie

Wreford-Brown 01-02-10 09:55 AM

Mission Orders covers the scope of the whole campaign so it is almost impossible to fully test. Whenever I find a typo or a turn of phrase that I don't like I adjust it on my install but the only changes are some typos and semantics, nothing substantial.

I've uploaded the version I currently use which has all recent amendments and have u/l to my FF page as v1.2.

Wreford-Brown 01-05-10 06:11 PM

[REL] WB's Randomised Intro Messages

This mod adds randomised messages to the 'ticker-tape' that runs at the bottom of the main loading screen in SH3. This version needs to be used with 'GWX3 Cfg files for SH3 Commander' found at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147567

The mod is JSGME ready but must be installed in SH3 Commander. If you try and apply it to SH3 it will not work. Full details are contained in the Readme.

Huge thanks go to JScones. His SH3 Commander and JSGME utilities are probably the most powerful tools we have to improve SH3. I'm only just starting to learn some of the capabilities that he has worked into SH3 Commander and look forward to using (and abusing) them for more mods. Plus, he once again pointed me in the right direction when I screwed up the test version of this mod! Thank you, Jaesen.

Wreford-Brown 01-05-10 08:12 PM

[REL] WB's GWX campaign with 23 additional ships

At the risk of reinventing the wheel, I've decided that my additional ship mods were becoming unwieldy when I included generic ships in them. The generic ships are freely available and my mods were becoming too big when these additional ships were included. I'm therefore going back to the genesis of my additional ship mods, where ship builders kindly give me permission to script their unique ships into the campaign. This also allows for a single mod rather than the five that I created for the original VonDos' ships mod.

I've therefore rolled back the mod to 23 ships. VonDos' 19 ships are still there to which I've added Mikhayl's Maiale and Luftwaffe Rescue Buoy, AH_Thor's SPS Churruca and the ability to enable jimbuna's Q ship.

This mod caters for everything that users have asked for in a single 'one-stop' package, enabling you to add jimbuna's Q-ship or remove the RMS Titanic to suit your playing style. It also includes the TMT fix.

This mod supercedes the 'VonDos' v1.9' and 'additional 34 ships' mods which I will no longer be supporting.

Full details of this new mod are in the Readme.

SirHiggins 01-06-10 06:57 AM

How is the new 23 ships version affects the Lifeboat and debris v4?

Wreford-Brown 01-06-10 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirHiggins (Post 1231327)
How is the new 23 ships version affects the Lifeboat and debris v4?

I have the 23 ships mod enabled after Lifeboats and Debris and have no problems with either mod.

Installation would therefore be:
1. Use JSGME to disable ALL mods.
2. Enable "St Naz + Scleuse" mod.
3. Enable "Lifeboats and Debris".
4. Extract "WB's campaign with additional ships" into JSGME MODS and install.
5. You will get warning messages about "GWX 3 - St Naz and Schleuse". Ignore these messages and continue to enable the mod.
6. Enable 'WB's additional ships - remove Titanic' if you want to take Titanic out of the campaign.
7. Enable 'Merged Campaign', 'Harbor Traffic Lite', 'Black Sea' or 'Indian Ocean' if you use those campaigns.
8. Re-enable any other mods that you want to use.

Rasher 01-06-10 09:38 AM

WB

Does this mean the 34 ship mod which I installed recently is somehow bugged or not as good as your new 24 ship mod? Is it worth disabling it in JSGME and installing your new mod? Dont quite understand the advantages of your new mod. Cheers

Rasher

=FI=Ghost 01-06-10 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasher (Post 1231378)
WB

Does this mean the 34 ship mod which I installed recently is somehow bugged or not as good as your new 24 ship mod? Is it worth disabling it in JSGME and installing your new mod? Dont quite understand the advantages of your new mod. Cheers

Rasher

I was going to ask the same.

Wreford-Brown 01-06-10 12:03 PM

The new mod is a step back to allow me to take a number of steps forward. Adding generic ships to the mod went away from my original intent and complicated testing and chasing down problems.

For now I'd use the 34 ships mod but when I next update the 23 ships mod it will become outdated. If you want to keep the generic merchants in your install I recommend looking through the ships Readmes in 'documentation' and downloading the original ship yourself. That way you can enable the extra ships as and when you like.

=FI=Ghost 01-06-10 02:25 PM

Thank you for clearing that out WB! Good luck with your future work, I am looking forward to it.

Wreford-Brown 01-12-10 03:47 PM

WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders

WB's Mid-Patrol Radio Orders mod will give you radio orders to go to a new patrol area during a patrol.

The mod consists of two parts:
1. Intro Messages adds randomised messages to the 'ticker-tape' that runs at the bottom of the main loading screen in SH3.
2. Patrol Orders gives a response to your Status Report from the messages screen and gives you orders to patrol to another grid. There are seven separate parts to the mod:
a. Africa - covers the African coast from Freetown to Gibraltar
b. America - covers the Amercian coast from the Caribbean to Grand Banks
c. Mediterranean
d. North Atlantic - from Norway to Gibraltar
e. North Atlantic (VII North) - Norway to Ireland
f. North Atlantic (VII South) - Ireland to Gibraltar
g. Type II - North Sea

Full details are in the Readme.

If you like this mod, how about donating just $1 to subsim? If 600 users give $1 apiece, it'll keep subsim afloat for another month...

Credits:
JScones - I'm starting to learn how powerful JScones' utilities are for SH3 and am even more impressed now that when I started. Thank you, Jaesen, for putting the time and effort into JSGME and SH3 Commander and sharing them with the community.
Sockeye, flakmonkey, Sailor Steve, irish1958 - Beta testers. Without their help and feedback this mod would never have been released.
youpi, urfisch - Translators for the French and German versions of this mod. Thanks, guys.

Download it from subsim at: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1502
or from my FF page.

dcb 01-18-10 02:57 PM

Hi WB,

I tried enabling the 23 ship mod, but I get constant CTDs. Here is the mod order:
1. GWX3
2. TMT mod
3. GWX3 St. Naz & Schluese
4. WB's GWX campaign with 23 ships
5. WB's additional ships - add Q ship
6. WB's additional ships - TMT fix
7. GWX merged campaign (the one in your MOD directory of the 23 ships)

I start a campaign (August 1939) in 2nd Flotille, Willhelmshaven, leaving everything on the sub as default (no changes to the sub).
When I load the campaign, the game CTD's about 2/3 into the loading sequence. I get the same behavior also when I only enable mods no. 1, 2, 3 and 4. in my list.
With just the St Naz mod, the campaign loads OK, but when I enable the campaign with 23 ships it CTDs.
I hope you can sort it out, because I couldn't.

Wreford-Brown 01-18-10 03:11 PM

Try it in this order:
1. GWX
2. St Naz and Schleuse
3. 23 ships campaign
4. Merged campaign
5. Q ship
6. TMT mod
7. TMT fix

I'm not a TMT user but am downloading now to start testing.

Wreford-Brown 01-18-10 03:32 PM

First test, steps 1 to 5, was successful. I'll try it out with TMT now it's downloaded.