SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Dark Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322)

KaleunMarco 12-19-20 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paroni (Post 2714596)
Hi Fifi!

Can you repair missions your next update?My base is Heligoland and mission is photographing at Perth!(Australian Coast).Ending patrol is not possible after 96hrs recon period.Alias campaign cannot continue!

Regards Paroni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2714617)
ahoy paroni!

yes, this is an unintended feature of SH4 that arises from time to time. we have attempted to fix it but the fix causes other problems.
i'll take another look at it.:hmmm:

:Kaleun_Salute:

i took another look at the Patrol Assignments and if you are driving a Type 2C out of Heligoland then you should only be assigned missions along the east coast of England and the west coast of Norway.

you are experiencing an unexpected programing feature of SH4.

unless you know how to edit the CareerTrack.upc save file, there is no solution of which i am aware.
if you do know how to edit that file, then reply back and i will tell you what to change when you get an Australian mission.

Paroni 12-19-20 01:15 PM

Australia

Yes,also Baltic Sea flotilla,later 1.Flotilla equipped Type 2 give same result after 3 or 4 patrol,alias photo recon. mission Australia.

I dont remember was Ops Monsun same thing.At least Vii have not problem those time.

propbeanie 12-19-20 09:36 PM

After activating the mod, be sure you empty the Save folder, or else you will end up with Stock game assignments.

Randomizer 12-19-20 11:34 PM

I have started 1944 careers and discovered that aircraft do not show up on the map screen when using a periscope even when No Map Updates is unchecked. This destroys any late war career potential as trying to snorkel means automatic death by invisible aircraft. Have tried two Type-VII late war careers and experienced this in both.

-C

Hjalfnar 12-24-20 06:33 AM

A while ago I asked here for a tutorial for torpedo calculations for Dark Waters/OM, since I couldn't find one. Sadly never received an answer. Anyone could point me somewhere today probably?

Mad Mardigan 12-24-20 07:00 AM

Re: youtube tutorial torp calc's w/ written notes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hjalfnar (Post 2715922)
A while ago I asked here for a tutorial for torpedo calculations for Dark Waters/OM, since I couldn't find one. Sadly never received an answer. Anyone could point me somewhere today probably?

Found this by doing a simple google search... like so:

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

youtube calq'ing torp solutions tutorial w/ written notes... found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG85lnyjI3w

Not DW's, but.. if not mistaken, the general principles should still apply... just the same...

Hope this helps...

M. M.

Hjalfnar 12-24-20 08:01 AM

Thank you! I did in fact find the same video but since I have never used manual calculation I wasn't sure if it would apply. Will try my luck!

alexsanjaya 01-07-21 02:29 AM

What mods are included in this compilation other than OM? What about U-boot dynamic or sound environment are those have been included in this compilation? :06:

Is there any list of what mods that's have been included in this compilation? What's additional mods I could use to improve historical accuracy / realism that is compatible with this compilation? :06:

Thanks Beforehand

Fifi 01-07-21 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexsanjaya (Post 2719145)
What mods are included in this compilation other than OM? What about U-boot dynamic or sound environment are those have been included in this compilation? :06:

Is there any list of what mods that's have been included in this compilation? What's additional mods I could use to improve historical accuracy / realism that is compatible with this compilation? :06:

Thanks Beforehand

This mod have its own sounds environment & U-Boat dynamics (adapted from other mods) already.

adrians69 01-09-21 08:09 AM

Just tried this mod for the first time, loving it so far. Fog effects are probably the best I've seen in any SH ever! Thanks for the mod!:Kaleun_Salute:

alexsanjaya 01-13-21 08:21 AM

All the dials in periscope are still in English rather than German. As I recall in the old OM + OMEGU compilation those were all in German. Is there any compatible mod to get the German version of all the dials just like in the OM + OMEGU compilation?

Thanks Beforehand

Aktungbby 01-13-21 02:19 PM

Welcome aboard!

alexanjaya!:Kaleun_Salute:

alexsanjaya 01-16-21 07:46 PM

how do I hid the dial gauge

How do I hide the 3 big dial gauge in the bottom right corner? I've tried to hide the bar underneath it, but only the bar that get hidden but not the big 3 dial gauge

And all the dials in periscope & TDC are still in English rather than German. As I recall in the old OM + OMEGU compilation those were all in German. Is there any compatible mod to get the German version of all the dials just like in the OM + OMEGU compilation?

KaleunMarco 01-16-21 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexsanjaya (Post 2722030)
How do I hide the 3 big dial gauge in the bottom right corner? I've tried to hide the bar underneath it, but only the bar that get hidden but not the big 3 dial gauge

And all the dials in periscope & TDC are still in English rather than German. As I recall in the old OM + OMEGU compilation those were all in German. Is there any compatible mod to get the German version of all the dials just like in the OM + OMEGU compilation?

Alex,

welcome to Subsim.:subsim:

i can answer your first question but not the second.
use the Number Pad period-del key to hide the interface icons on the bottom of the screen. it is a toggle, so use the same key to hide and then redisplay.

i cannot answer the german/english question other than to look at your mod list. there MAY be a mod that changes German to English and if that is true you just need to not apply that mod. that is the best i can recommend at this time.

Viel Glück, Herr Kaleun!

alexsanjaya 01-16-21 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2722034)

i cannot answer the german/english question other than to look at your mod list. there MAY be a mod that changes German to English and if that is true you just need to not apply that mod. that is the best i can recommend at this time.

The mod in question is called Dark Waters v6 (or something like that). I run the test by running only that particular mod and nothing else. And its still in English. In fact someone in this thread has been posting video that everyone could see that all the labells are in English