SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   (REL) Pacific enviroment/ROW/Leovampire and Kriller2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130150)

TDK1044 03-12-08 10:28 AM

I think w-clear was unaware of subsim etiquette in such matters, Kriller. But in the words of one of the worst songs of all time...'Don't give up on us, Baby' :D

Savvy 03-12-08 10:34 AM

It's not about giving up, but how would you feel if you spent nights trying to figure a problem out and finaly after alot of brainstorming and testing make it work, f.ex. the lightshafts to only be showed under water I made a change in the shaders and BOOM the next version of Wclears mod uses that shader change the same goes for the work on clouds speed etc etc. I have tryed to mention this to Wclear to no avail. Jaketooxs water edge mod is allso in Wclears work.

I think at least he should give the credits in his readme, that's the ONLY thing I and alot of others are working for free for in this community.[/quote]

I hear you loud and clear, yeah i'd be well pissed off for sure. So now that this has been made 'Public' as it were, lets see if you get a response from W_clear, if not then he's is just taking the piss and should be kicked/banned from posting on this site.

Sav.

Wilcke 03-12-08 11:31 AM

My hope would be that this can be resolved via PM by the moderator, and the parties directly involved.

Torps 03-12-08 11:54 AM

not good

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke
My hope would be that this can be resolved via PM by the moderator, and the parties directly involved.

I would hope so. This is sad indeed.:down:

swdw 03-12-08 11:59 AM

Keep going. You have a big fan base for the ROW/PE mods. Those are the people that you need to think of.

W_clear's mod has become popular among a smaller group of users because it doesn't cause the frame rate hit ROW does for those with older machines.

Take a look through the pics posted in different threads. You'll see 90% of them with environmental mods are using ROW/PE. Why would you want to quit when that many people truly enjoy your work.

Plus you can always borrow something from his mod that you like, just like he's done. Difference is this. You can, as the old saying goes- "be the better man" by acknowledging his work you borrow from. People around this forum appreciate integrity.

So- don't give up the ship.

nautilus42 03-12-08 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kriller2
Well I am thinking about quiting this project, because of this guy: :nope:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132716

Basicly he has taken all of the ROW work refined and calling it his own... :down: Not even asking me for permission to use files from ROW etc. etc.

No credits to the original modders....

I don`t understand you kriller2 ??? you post this to W_Clear:
__________________________________________________ ______________
I know this is alot of hard work ;) and if you are stuck or something, you are welcome to PM me.

Jimbuna 03-12-08 12:29 PM

@kriller2

This will bring back a sense of deja vu for some people, and understandably so.

Keep up the good work my friend, there are so many people that appreciate what you are doing :yep:

kriller2 03-12-08 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautilus42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kriller2
Well I am thinking about quiting this project, because of this guy: :nope:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132716

Basicly he has taken all of the ROW work refined and calling it his own... :down: Not even asking me for permission to use files from ROW etc. etc.

No credits to the original modders....

I don`t understand you kriller2 ??? you post this to W_Clear:
__________________________________________________ ______________
I know this is alot of hard work ;) and if you are stuck or something, you are welcome to PM me.

Yes I have tried to be friendly, but when I realized that my work and others are used without no credits whatsoever it's something different.

I have nothing against wclear modding on the environments and bringing this game to a better shape, it's the "no credits" issue that anoys me, its a common rule that we allways credit modders for what they do if you use somthing you know is'nt your doing, just look in my readme, I have so many credits that it's an entire population !

Anyway hopefully Wclear will respect the unspoken rule and change his ways and we can all continue discover new aspects and ways to enhance this unslipen diamond, the developers have made.

walrusbomb 03-12-08 01:01 PM

I'm part of the kriller2 fanbase!

and I'm sad this drama is distracting him from answering my questions on the previous page. I need to fix GREEN CROSSHAIRS ASAP. :rotfl:

stop PM'ing W_Clear and throw me a bone!

ATR-42 03-12-08 01:07 PM

Im sure W_Clear will do the right thing, hes just a guy, just like us. Almost certain he means no offense, harm, or to take anyones ideas, after ppl like kriller pour whats got to be hundreds of hours of time to get this stuff just right.

Im sure it was an oversight. That being said, i'll continue on with Daves memory, his foundation, and Krillers truly amazing photo realistic, non shaking, pacific goodness, probably, forever :)

sail on!

Gunfighter 03-12-08 01:49 PM

Kriller2

For what it's worth Kriller2 I'm with you.Hopefully Admin will but him right.:up:

kriller2 03-12-08 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walrusbomb
nice work, Kriller! couple of questions I'm repeating because I couldn't find an answer in this thread:

1. is there a way to have day/night ship-wake-halos? the day-time wake-halo is perfect, at night it's too bright. I couldn't find an answer to this. I tried a stand-alone mod and it looks better at night but worse during the day.

2. i've yet to see many clouds, is this using your old 3D clouds?

3. is the foam/spray the hi-res or lo-res version? when I try to load the "performance" ROW foam/spray mod over top, I don't see the old bump in FPS.

4. I added GREEN CROSSHAIRS over top PE 1.1a and it didn't work... any ideas?

great work!

Hi Walrus,
1. No I havne't seen anything to control the night halo.
2. It's using a new shader file I made and clouds are now partly cloudy instead of covering the whole sky. There is still storm clouds though.
3. I don't know that mod ? :hmm:

kriller2 03-12-08 03:50 PM

Teaser of PE 2 and upcoming sun rise!

Hi all.

Thanks for your support on this mod, it's nice that so many people are with me on this one!

Here is what I am working on at the moment, it has taken many hours/days? to make those effects and it would realy be sad to see it reused without no credits in another mod.
Pacific Sunrise (Youtube)

What do you think ?

..And yes it's an ATI trying to fake the sun halo thats why the sub wake look a little strange ;)

Kriller2

Fish40 03-12-08 04:54 PM

Looks great Kriller! To be honest, at present I'm still useing Dave's original work, and still useing 1.4. My rig runs it fairly well, even though it's not bleeding edge. When all the major mods are made 1.5 compatable, I intend on finally installing the addon, which is just waiting in a folder on my desktop. I'm looking forwards to useing PE2 when it becomes available, and I hope the "graphics optimisations" you employed will allow me to enjoy your continued efforts, as well as I am enjoying Dave's original. Keep up the fantastic work:up:

Digital_Trucker 03-12-08 05:03 PM

Looking absolutely mahvelous:up: , K2

Don't let that other stuff get to you. We know who did the work:yep: and we appreciate it greatly.