SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Stormy`s DBSM collection SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164552)

7thSeal 06-15-10 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1420278)
ok there are some weird quirks in the game but I think this one takes the cake :88)

He may not can get me a supply request but he can get my sounds working again.... :haha:

Stormfly 06-15-10 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSeal (Post 1420202)
Found one small issue, manning the flak guns and setting the options for them to operate under in DW's UI mod has excellent sounds with your mod added. The problem I noticed is that when set to fire at will when having two planes attacking, the AI will continue shooting at one plane until its out of range even though the other plane is much closer (not your mod's fault). Well I will use my bino's to spot the closer target and give the order (spacebar) to attack it instead of having them wasting ammo on the target which is further away.

The problem with this is that as soon as I mark the plane I want them to shoot at, it goes through the entire sounds of manning the flak guns again... even though they're already manned and firing at the target. :hmmm:

yes, iam sorry but this is connected in the game (you know they made it for the stupid casual gamer, so in case of "Bernard" wants to shoot at planes and forgot to man the AA guns, they get manned automaticaly) ...and this guys just tell us again... the customer have to be dumb... :arrgh!: (and we are, because we buyed this casual ****) :rock::DL

Stormfly 06-15-10 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The General (Post 1420266)
Can anyone confirm you hear the periscope raise/lower in the 3D Command room/Conn? I don't use any UI Mods, just Speech recog and I don't hear the periscope unless in the usual 2D mode.

...i used a cheap dirty trick, iam sorry but you cant expect to much from it at the moment. This means to be able to hear the obs scope moving sound in 3d space, you have to use the assigned keys for it (readme or help page).

The sound is spoken from an officer in the command room, this means also, it could be delayed because someone is using allready all aviable sound channels, or someone is speaking with higher priority... i use it while nobody is speaking at current. (what you can do is pressing the key for the scope first and instandly after that give another command, this will work at the same time)

another thing is, if you set TDW options to lower the obs scope automaticaly (set by default) you wont hear it in 3d space. That is, because i had to use a different command for it (toggle). If i had used the same commands the game and TDW UI normaly use, it will work also but would play again after entering it. So this was the reason asking for disconnecting "entering obs scope" and "fuly rise obs scope" commands (they are linked, if you enter it, it will fully rise even if allready rised, and the sound would play again).

...best solution would be, connecting the sound directly with the animation, but this isnt my area at the moment:sunny:

zack 06-16-10 10:54 AM

another small bug?
i dont hear the Submarine_electric_exterior.wav under water,any idea? :06:

Stormfly 06-16-10 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack (Post 1420673)
another small bug?
i dont hear the Submarine_electric_exterior.wav under water,any idea? :06:

from where, inside or outside the sub ?

zack 06-16-10 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormfly (Post 1420680)
from where, inside or outside the sub ?

outside the sub.i hear only the amb_Underwater_Q.wav. :88)

now it works,I do not know why but no wonder with this game .)

Stormfly 06-21-10 07:31 PM

any further bugs or wishes... ?

...time for a little update:03:

Johndb 06-22-10 10:21 PM

I'm Sorry Stormfly. My Mistake typing error . It is DBSM ver 1.2.
Enjoying it .
Thanks

Von Rondstadd 07-07-10 10:21 AM

Version 1,2. I like this mod :yeah: but only!

Did a Crash Dive and crashed to desktop!

Some wav files when I play them gif a error and it says that there is a problem with playing them on windows media player while others play well!
example:
periscope_rotary_Down
periscope_rotary_Up

I did not try all files!
Onboard Realtek hd soundcard!

Fattysbox 07-07-10 01:31 PM

home and end keys

Sooo.... by changing the home and end keys to raise and lower periscopes, I can no longer manually listen to hydrophone. Every time I turn the wheel, the noise for the persicopes turn on.

How can I change this?

J

Stormfly 07-07-10 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattysbox (Post 1438041)
Sooo.... by changing the home and end keys to raise and lower periscopes, I can no longer manually listen to hydrophone. Every time I turn the wheel, the noise for the persicopes turn on.

How can I change this?

J

...dont use the keys, use your mousewheel while pointing on the hydrophone.

Stormfly 07-07-10 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Rondstadd (Post 1437910)
Version 1,2. I like this mod :yeah: but only!

Did a Crash Dive and crashed to desktop!

Some wav files when I play them gif a error and it says that there is a problem with playing them on windows media player while others play well!
example:
periscope_rotary_Down
periscope_rotary_Up

I did not try all files!
Onboard Realtek hd soundcard!

would be nice if you could re download it, to make shure its not a broken dl...

Von Rondstadd 07-08-10 03:30 AM

Thank I shall try that!

Also when I want to go rudder midships I don't hear a command!!

Capt Jack Harkness 07-08-10 04:54 AM

Would it be possible in a future version to have louder diesels with a flatter volume curve? I really like the fact that there is a jump in volume between ahead slow and ahead flank, but at slow speeds they're barely audible and overall they're pretty quiet and I really don't find that realistic. When running at half speed and above it should be quite a racket when you open the engine room door! :D

Stormfly 07-08-10 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Rondstadd (Post 1438625)
Thank I shall try that!

Also when I want to go rudder midships I don't hear a command!!

the command is present -> "Mittschiffs" (rudder at midship)

...perhaps you have to turn up the volume a bit.