SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter V Dev Team Interview: Deeper, Kapitän, deeper. (1/19/10) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=160292)

martes86 01-20-10 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerd Priess (Post 1240856)

You're the one that's useless here. Insult people somewhere else, thanks. :yep:

Onkel Neal 01-20-10 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerd Priess (Post 1240856)
Well after reading their last update I aint going to be wasting money on this title.... Heck my SHIV and Uboat Expansion are used as book ends now, I have no need for another...

:nope:
......xxxxxxxxxxxxx.......

Not nice. You know this forum, we agree or disagree but insults and personal attacks are best left other forums.

Adriatico 01-20-10 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elanaiba (Post 1240836)
Yeah, and then somebody on UBI boards will say "they are answering questions on subsim!". If I go there somebody here will gringe. And then marketing will have my head.

I hope they won't take your head... if you answer to this community:
Dynamic shadows on VIIc deck (coning t. and deck gun) - Yes / No ?
:o / :dead:

Hitman 01-20-10 09:51 AM

Seems like someone needs to learn a bit about a great country with deep roots in the history of Europe. Read and inform yourself before doing such remarks: Romania

Onkel Neal 01-20-10 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfehunter (Post 1240851)
Great article neal thanks,

If you get a chance next time please ask him if they plan to make an expansion for the second part of the war.

WH

Thanks, and I did, see the part near the end about expansions. They are not ready to go into thse details.

One thing that strikes me as funny is how people cannot understand, a totally dynamic campaign can also have limited scripted elements with objectives. You guys who are freaking out should take a pause and remember, if Dan says it's dynamic, it is.

Sometimes I wonder... like so many people were coming up with conspiracies over the missing link to part 2 yesterday when I overwrote my file? "OMG, Ubi made Neal take it down!" :haha:

Calm down :)

Lanzfeld 01-20-10 09:59 AM

Okay,

I got a good nights sleep and a fresh prospective. It has me less mad but thinking of new things.

I was going over, in my, head, the new crew in the boat. I am not trying to be negative here but after 1 hour or so of playing wont it get really repetitive or boring to walk through the boat and see the same repeating things? Was it really a good choice to spend so much time making those compartments that the captain would almost never visit instead of the "foundation" items like crew spotting abilities under all conditions and true to life sensor performance and blind zones near surface for ASDIC, ect...

I guess this is what worries me the most. Pretty dress but still a pig under there.

Mikhayl 01-20-10 09:59 AM

Yeah, if you push down that "scripted" BS road than SH3 and SH4 are totally scripted. I mean, "go to grid XXNN and patrol for 24h", wow, how more rigid can it get :)

Apos 01-20-10 10:00 AM

As i thought. DLC will be avaiable for SHV. Soon, only 20 euro per new year,sub or campaing.

Ping Panther 01-20-10 10:03 AM

That's it :nope: ... I'm partitioning my hard drive now to get DOS back in. I'll be loading up my old box of Silent Service by this afternoon. :yep:

mookiemookie 01-20-10 10:12 AM

A few short years ago people were pushing for historic battles (the Hood, 1st & 2nd Battles of Narvik, Drumbeat, Operations Pedestal, Torch, Overlord) to be "scripted" into the game.

Now when the dev's say they've scripted stuff like this, people go batcrap. :88)

Sailor Steve 01-20-10 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danji (Post 1240820)
Hear that elanaiba? We made eyecandy. GIEF US CANDY!!! But not the ones that made you visit the hospital often.

WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:
I'm sorry your very first post here was treated so harshly, but it looks like he didn't realize you weren't just speculating, but are part of the team.

@ Dan and company: I'm amazed at how people have gotten so negative that even when you clear something up they try to kick you some more. As I've said, I was expecting something different, but the more I read the more interesting I find the ideas you're pursuing. I may end up being negative again, but I'll at least wait to see what we have before I start proclaiming the end of the world.:salute:

Wild_skipper 01-20-10 10:17 AM

Nice Q&A, i don't realy mind the VII type to be the only one playble its the only one i use anyway, and we get to play the VIIA !! always wanted that.

I am buying it :)

kwbgjh2 01-20-10 10:22 AM

Thats the way life goes

First of all, big thx to Neal for the very clarifying interview.

Only type VII and ending in 1943. I am pretty sure that the game will come with steam and dlc.

In my Empire Total War game i have so far 5 contents installed and so they will do with SHV.

Wanna have the type IX ? No prob, its only 2,99 € via credit card or paypal.:nope:

On the other hand this business model has a great advantage for the customer: patches come very quick because a non working game is the death of sales figures.

Gotmilk 01-20-10 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiksy (Post 1240843)
Damm everything seems to be excelent except one thing

WHY ONLY VII U-BOATS WHY????????? **** I HATE THAT OLD IRON TRASH CAN

I MISS MY FATBOY IXD2 AND SUPER COOL XXI

****! MODDERS YOU HAVE GOT A JOB TO DO !!!!

You have one boat because this time you will have a crew who must run around and know their way around the boat. Just imagine if you had dozens of boats. You had to recreate all AI paths and other crew related stuff to accomodate different subs.

I am all ok for one boat. I just hope that the life on the boat will be like we saw in the first trailer.

Danji 01-20-10 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1240906)
WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:
I'm sorry your very first post here was treated so harshly, but it looks like he didn't realize you weren't just speculating, but are part of the team.

Glad to be aboard :) I didn't feel as it was treated harshly, so don't worry about it. I've been reading the forum for quite a while but have only registered now because all those " you are not allowed to say anything about the game " clauses were killing my mood. Only now did i realise i can do what Dan does. Say something vague that seems like an answer.