SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Dark Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322)

KaleunMarco 03-02-24 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2904628)
I am having graphical issues with only the Type VII. The Type IX is fine. When the game loads and I go to external view the whole sub is black. I have seen people have this issue before and I can't remember what the solution is to fix this. I only have DW6 main mod installed and no other mods. I also play FOTRSU and I have no graphical problems with the sub skins in that install. I have used DW before and I am not doing anything differently from before so I can't figure out what is causing this. Very frustrating. Thanks.

there are seven models of Type 7. Which one are you driving?
and....what is your current date?

J0313 03-03-24 01:50 AM

I've tried both a VIIB and VIIC. Early war and in the submarine school.

KSCyrus 04-02-24 12:46 PM

Is there a way to stop Radio messages resetting TC to 1?, Putting RadioMessages in the main.cfg to a higher number didnt solve it

propbeanie 04-02-24 01:20 PM

Look in Data \Campaigns \Campaign \messages.txt file, and the "key" is the first line of the file: "#Date (Begin Transmision) Time (Begin Transmision) Date (End Transmision) Time (End Transmision) Message Type ( 0 = transmit once , 1 = transmit until received ) Probability (%) Retransmision Interval (minutes) Priority (0=High 1=Low) @FROM@ ^TO^ &TITLE& [INVOLVED SHIPS,INVOLVED SHIPS] Message content" The file is full of "Tabs" for the columns, and you do not want to "trash" that layout with bad editing, so be careful with the file. But the Priority is the main part that determines how "important" a message is, with High dropping TC. Several approaches:
1 - delete them all, and go with a zero-byte file. No messages, no TC drop.
2 - delete all of the Priority zeroes and make them "1", but there are other zeroes in the file.
3 - find a mod for "less messages" or similar...

KSCyrus 04-02-24 02:20 PM

Thanks For The Advice PB, But while im at it, Is there a way so you earn Renown For sinking "Neutrals"? Afaik the Basic.cfg isnt actually used being just a leftover from sh3 so changing it there wouldnt do anything. I've ran into the problem of repeated Convoy encounters in 1939/1940 where 80% Of the Ships are "Neutral" Making any attack on the few "legitimate" targets basically impossible and unfun

propbeanie 04-02-24 03:58 PM

It does use part of the Basic, where there is the -1 for sinking neutrals, which if the ship is worth 400 renown, would then earn you negative 400 renown... that section is indeed still used. But you do have to start a new career, if I remember correctly.

KaleunMarco 04-02-24 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSCyrus (Post 2907861)
Is there a way to stop Radio messages resetting TC to 1?, Putting RadioMessages in the main.cfg to a higher number didnt solve it

PB has responded with some good gouge.
my version of DW has those messages fixed and will not affect the TC.
would you like to try it?

KSCyrus 04-03-24 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2907899)
PB has responded with some good gouge.
my version of DW has those messages fixed and will not affect the TC.
would you like to try it?

I would certainly like to try that if you could send me the File :yep:
Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2907886)
It does use part of the Basic, where there is the -1 for sinking neutrals, which if the ship is worth 400 renown, would then earn you negative 400 renown... that section is indeed still used. But you do have to start a new career, if I remember correctly.

Ah that would explain it, i had edited it to be 1 instead of -1 but i didnt start a new career after doing so, will try that now :up:
Edit:after starting a new Career and going out of my way to sink some neutrals i've come to the conclusion that the filechange didnt work :/

KaleunMarco 04-03-24 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSCyrus (Post 2907917)
I would certainly like to try that if you could send me the File :yep:/

download it from the MODS forum.
apply it with JSGME after the DW mods.
it should not conflict with any other DW mod.
:Kaleun_Salute:

Awelorn 04-03-24 06:36 PM

Hello

Im new here and looking for anwsers.I just instaled mod.Everything is looking ok.got the new intro,new mission options etc making me belive mod works.However every time I try quick mission,war patrol or career game crashes after...please wait.Only thing it will run is tutorials.

I have tried reinstaling 2 times now try running is at administrator but nothing.Game is set to 1080p.Nothing works it just crashes after black screen where the cursor freezes.

Anything Im missing

Thank you

KaleunMarco 04-03-24 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awelorn (Post 2907999)
Hello

Im new here and looking for anwsers.I just instaled mod.Everything is looking ok.got the new intro,new mission options etc making me belive mod works.However every time I try quick mission,war patrol or career game crashes after...please wait.Only thing it will run is tutorials.

I have tried reinstaling 2 times now try running is at administrator but nothing.Game is set to 1080p.Nothing works it just crashes after black screen where the cursor freezes.

Anything Im missing

Thank you

welcome aboard.

when you post a crash or any other problem, you will get a answer faster if you post your JSGME config.
launch JSGME, Tasks, Export To, Clipboard.
then open a post here and paste it (ctrl+v).

Have you enabled Large Address Aware (LAA)? it is table-stakes to play DW and most mega-mods (TMO, RSRD, FOTRSU, et.al.).

into which folder have you installed SH4?

Awelorn 04-03-24 11:08 PM

Heja

I just did LAA thingy before work just now and it didnt crash.It missed that step
So i guess thats solved it.

Thank you very much for fast replay

Aktungbby 04-03-24 11:25 PM

Welcome back!

Awelorn!...after a twelve-year 'silent run'!:up:

Awelorn 04-04-24 05:12 AM

Heja

Hahahaha yea I know I made acc here back in a day after i tried to mod SH5.
Been playing SH3 for weeks now and just today after i made it run started SH4 dark waters.I have a quicky tho....is there a way to manulay select hight of periscope like in SH3?So far all i got is raise or lower command but it goes all the way up or down.
Its killing my immersion man!:)

KSCyrus 04-04-24 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2907978)
download it from the MODS forum.
apply it with JSGME after the DW mods.
it should not conflict with any other DW mod.

So this has worked wonderfully thank you a lot :up: The only problem left is that Neutrals still net me negative renown and dont count for tonnage when sinking them,
even though i've changed the Basic.cfg to "Neutrals=1" And started a new Career for it, Any thoughts?