PDA

View Full Version : @ Luftwolf.

Fish
10-24-06, 02:23 PM
LW, is it possible for you or Amizaur to fix the problems with ship launched missiles bumping into islands?

LuftWolf
11-03-06, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure I'm aware of what problem this is... any missile that should properly be able to avoid terrain already has it's "terrain follow" flag enabled in the database, other missiles should run into mountains and such if fired through them.

Or do you mean ships that fire their missiles at targets and then they hit the island... not much we can do about that I'm afraid, without giving those missile inappropriate terrain following characteristics.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
David

Molon Labe
11-04-06, 01:19 AM
What about a doctrine level fix to prevent the launch of those weapons if there is land of sufficient altitude in the way?

Fish
11-04-06, 07:56 AM
I'm not sure I'm aware of what problem this is... any missile that should properly be able to avoid terrain already has it's "terrain follow" flag enabled in the database, other missiles should run into mountains and such if fired through them.

Or do you mean ships that fire their missiles at targets and then they hit the island... not much we can do about that I'm afraid, without giving those missile inappropriate terrain following characteristics.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,
David

Thanks David, yes it is about ships firing their missiles when behind islands.

LuftWolf
11-06-06, 05:36 PM
The doctrine system can't reference non-local terrain features.