PDA

View Full Version : Interior tilt angle

Ducimus
10-23-06, 04:26 PM
Simply said, 90% of the time, the interior camera tilts the wrong way when surfacing, crash diving, etc. Anyone figure out how to fix this? Crash diving with a downard tilt towards the engine room ranges from disorienting to annoying.

Sailor Steve
10-23-06, 05:27 PM
I've said it before: if you face right, it tilts one way, and if you face left it tilts the other. But...if you go to the rear of the control room and look at the food, it's all hanging the right way.

It's been brought up many times, and so far no-one has come up with a solution.

Ducimus
10-23-06, 05:40 PM
Funny, ive never noticed that. Im alway staring at the depth controls on a crash dive. Never at the navigator. I wonder if its possible to reverse that. I dont care if the angles wrong, in a place i never look :lol: Chances are though, its probably some hardcode problem unless maybe its in the interior.cam file, and editable.

Tikigod
10-24-06, 12:46 PM
I want it to look like this...there is hardly ever an angle during a crash dive.......

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Tikigod78/U-604.jpg

kylania
10-24-06, 12:53 PM
I want it to look like this...there is hardly ever an angle during a crash dive.......

I love how on that video they lean over, but if you watch the depth gauge they are on the surface! :)

The General
10-24-06, 01:22 PM
In the screenshot above the forward dive planes are at full dive and the depth-meter reads about 50M I think. As for the interior tilt angle, it is correct, it's just that the point of view is free-floating and doesn't give a realistic representation of what we'd see.

Boris
10-24-06, 01:39 PM
In the screenshot above the forward dive planes are at full dive and the depth-meter reads about 50M I think. As for the interior tilt angle, it is correct, it's just that the point of view is free-floating and doesn't give a realistic representation of what we'd see.

It's not really about what you see, but what you would feel, which obviously cannot be conveyed in a game...

Jimbuna
10-24-06, 01:56 PM

I love how on that video they lean over, but if you watch the depth gauge they are on the surface! :)

I wish it would too....but I'd like the depth gauge to move beyond 10 metres :D

kylania
10-24-06, 02:59 PM

Yup, I had the wrong video in mind, I was thinking it was from this one:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5070551965184097006

Reece
10-24-06, 10:00 PM
Kylania, I tried to download the video but it saves a file "UBoot.gvp" that is only 571 bytes, I can't watch the video online as I only have a 56k modem but would like to download it, could you advise please or upload to rapidshare?:D
Thanks.

kylania
10-24-06, 10:30 PM
Since it's on Google Video you'd need to download and install the Google Video player software and then the gvp file. I believe though that each time you watch it "locally" it still streams down.

The other option is to get something like Video Downloader and FLV Player and play it that way. Video Downloader is an extention for Firefox and includes a link and instructions for using the FLV player software you can download seperately. It's good for saving videos, in low quality, from YouTube, Google Video and other sites.

Reece
10-24-06, 11:22 PM
Ah, so you can never actually get a copy of it!:down: That's not very nice of them, it must be a control thing!:-?
Thanks.