PDA

View Full Version : GWX Dev Team

mr chris
10-14-06, 05:15 PM
GWX dev team. Myself and a few others love playing your great mod GW1.1a on multiplayer. We have had loads of fun hunting and attacking convoys online with GW. :yep: :up:
But of late we have had some trouble with new missions that we have been useing. BBW has had a look and sorted some these missions. for which we are very gratefull:yep: But with most of the new maps that we use we still have problems.
I was thinking that if it was not to much trouble and you guys had the time would it be possible for you guys to make some new multiplayer misions that come as part of the GWX package when it is released.;) I say this as the only missions we are only able to play sometimes are the stock ones and the are only 4 of them that come with the game. It would be great to have some more maps to play around with knowing that the maps are GWX friendly and will not cause us any problems. It is such a shame that that half the time we try to start a mission only to find out that half the people that have the same install ( SH3 + 1.4 PATCH + GW1.1a ) can only play on stock maps and not new maps that are floating about.:hmm:
If you guys could find time to add some multiplayer mission to your great mod it would be great for us multiplayer fans. But if it is to late to include such a request i full understand. As you guys are pushing the boundies of this game to the limit. And only have do this in your spare time. Thanks for all your hard work to date, and Good luck with all your future work on this project:up:

Dowly
10-14-06, 05:22 PM
Thatīs a good idea. But I can make no promises. The main goal of the team atm is to get the mod ready for release.

I cant think of any reason why the missions would not work on similar installations, so it must be that some of you have some small changes in their setup that they forgot.

Anyways, great idea but as I said, the team is pushing in and beyond the threshold level to get the mod ready.

DanCanovas
10-14-06, 05:45 PM
well we all re-installed the game clean with GW.

Pants
10-14-06, 06:04 PM
The problem with multiplayer is that it is very sensitive..you only need to change one thing in the basic.cfg, roster and any other sensitve files and it screws it up. If the Maker of said Multi mission has added something in that you dont have in your installs you will get a CTD.And Also if the Mission is not scripted correctly you will get a CTD.
A few of us over at GW HQ will make Multi missions for GWX with Stock GWX files, that way they will work.

bigboywooly
10-14-06, 06:04 PM
GWX dev team. Myself and a few others love playing your great mod GW1.1a on multiplayer. We have had loads of fun hunting and attacking convoys online with GW. :yep: :up:
But of late we have had some trouble with new missions that we have been useing. BBW has had a look and sorted some these missions. for which we are very gratefull:yep: But with most of the new maps that we use we still have problems.
I was thinking that if it was not to much trouble and you guys had the time would it be possible for you guys to make some new multiplayer misions that come as part of the GWX package when it is released.;) I say this as the only missions we are only able to play sometimes are the stock ones and the are only 4 of them that come with the game. It would be great to have some more maps to play around with knowing that the maps are GWX friendly and will not cause us any problems. It is such a shame that that half the time we try to start a mission only to find out that half the people that have the same install ( SH3 + 1.4 PATCH + GW1.1a ) can only play on stock maps and not new maps that are floating about.:hmm:
If you guys could find time to add some multiplayer mission to your great mod it would be great for us multiplayer fans. But if it is to late to include such a request i full understand. As you guys are pushing the boundies of this game to the limit. And only have do this in your spare time. Thanks for all your hard work to date, and Good luck with all your future work on this project:up:

Yes I will write some GWX MP missions Chris as soon as time permits
I wont make them as hard as the last I did :rotfl:

I understand your frustration and believe me cant wait to join you guys online

Cdre Gibs
10-14-06, 11:32 PM
I can't see any reason why some of the "Test" missions can't/shouldn't be added as a sorta 'Preview of Features' to the GWX release. These at least will allow MP Mission builders to see whats available and more importantly show how a GWX MP mission should be done (due to some required operational changes). Of course not all the test missions would be suitable, but some should be. I do know that at least 1 test MP Mission will require the Host to have a very very powerful PC, most can't run the mission (funnily enough my lil old PC can).

DanCanovas
10-15-06, 09:15 AM
it would be great if you could do some GWX multiplayer mission! good show! :up:

mr chris
10-16-06, 11:42 AM
Hi dev team thanks very much for your fast responce:up: You guys have gone far beyond the limits of my expections with your replie that you will look into incorparating some multi missions in to GWX. You guys have me so happy:yep: :rock: Im sure the other GW MP players will be happy with this news.
Thank you very much from a very happy GW user:up: :up: :rock: :rock:

P.S Cant wait to sink some ships with you guys online when you finaly finish this great work:up:

kiwi_2005
10-16-06, 12:04 PM
Just one thing, if you have GW and create a multiplayer mission in the editor does that mean its a GW multiplayer mission? If so, and this is all you need to do then its very easy and quick to create multiplayer missions. Unless theirs more to it useing GW, you could create your own for multiplayer.

bigboywooly
10-16-06, 12:33 PM
Just one thing, if you have GW and create a multiplayer mission in the editor does that mean its a GW multiplayer mission? If so, and this is all you need to do then its very easy and quick to create multiplayer missions. Unless theirs more to it useing GW, you could create your own for multiplayer.

Yes as long as you have a clean install with no additions thats all you need to create MP missions

ecm747x
10-16-06, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a great bit of news here. I look forward to seeing some new missions. We are slowly getting more guys on and playing together and on Ventrillo. Adds a whole new level to the game play. Plus, it beats typing in game. You also have the chance to get to know one another better this way too.

I may try the editor and create some of my own to see how it goes....Have not done it before so will be a little while before I get one going.
I look forward to GWX. YOu guys have done a great job and my hat is off to you. Keep it up and see you on the high seas....