PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to launch SH3

Zero Niner
10-11-06, 07:13 PM
I have the GW 1.1a mod, SH3 Commander 2.61, SH3 Weather Generator, and JGSME installed in my SH3 setup.
What is the proper way to launch SH3, without losing whatever mods or features I've enabled?
SH3 icon?
Use SH3 Commander?
SH3 Weather Generator?

Thanks.

kylania
10-11-06, 07:31 PM
I have the GW 1.1a mod, SH3 Commander 2.61, SH3 Weather Generator, and JGSME installed in my SH3 setup.
What is the proper way to launch SH3, without losing whatever mods or features I've enabled?
SH3 icon?
Use SH3 Commander?
SH3 Weather Generator?

Thanks.

Install SH3, patch it. Move JSGME into the install folder and run it to create the MOD folder. Install GW 1.1a into the mod folder, then activate it via JSGME. Install SH3 Commander. Move SH3Weather into the main install folder of SH3. Run SH3 once on it's own to create career folders.

Run SH3 Commander. SH3Weather will launch automatically right before SH3 loads. Repeat that each time you want to play.

Zero Niner
10-12-06, 02:05 AM
Ooops!
I installed GW 1.1a direct, using the exe to overwrite existing files.

Then I installed JSGME & SH3 Commander, and used JSGME to add the 24-hr fatigue bug fix using that.

Then I installed SH3 Weather.

Would launching using SH3 Commander be ok? And do I need to use this everytime, or just at the start of every patrol?

Samwolf
10-12-06, 06:12 AM
Ooops!

Then I installed JSGME & SH3 Commander, and used JSGME to add the 24-hr fatigue bug fix using that.

Would launching using SH3 Commander be ok? And do I need to use this everytime, or just at the start of every patrol?

After the intial installs, I always launch using the SH3Commander icon. Works fine for me.

CWorth
10-12-06, 07:03 AM
Ooops!

After the intial installs, I always launch using the SH3Commander icon. Works fine for me.

Yes..thats the easiest way...no need to start SH3 first then shut down and start it again with SH3 Commander as kylania states.Thats an uneccasary extra step.SH3 creates the career folders automatically whether starting a career with the stock game .exe or SH3 Commander.

kylania
10-12-06, 10:51 AM
Yes..thats the easiest way...no need to start SH3 first then shut down and start it again with SH3 Commander as kylania states.Thats an uneccasary extra step.SH3 creates the career folders automatically whether starting a career with the stock game .exe or SH3 Commander.
If you don't start SH3 at least once to create the MyDocs\SH3 folder but instead try to use SH3 Commander as your first run you get this error from SH3 Commander:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7852/mydocerrorih6.jpg

CWorth
10-12-06, 01:26 PM
If you don't start SH3 at least once to create the MyDocs\SH3 folder but instead try to use SH3 Commander as your first run you get this error from SH3 Commander:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7852/mydocerrorih6.jpg

Never get that error..

Then again I have never paid much attention as I have all my important SH3 files backed up on DVD.That way if I have problems I just have to reinstall and drag the files from the DVD onto my C: drive and everything goes to where it belongs.I am then up and running in half the time it takes to do a full install and reinstall of the mods,files etc.I also backed up the Main My Documents files as well.Thats probably why I never have to start SH3 first.