PDA

View Full Version : GW and Gramophone

pcelt
10-10-06, 11:36 AM
I am using GW now but I seem to remember the same thing happening in the basic game.
I have an excellent set of records in the Gramophone folder and all play successfully when tried out of game.
But in game a proportion of the records always seem to get cut off abruptly in mid performance and the next record begins playing
Do others experience the same thing or is there some fix or strategy which prevents this irritating glitch occurring.
Thanks for any ideas on this

The Munster
10-10-06, 11:47 AM
I am using GW now but I seem to remember the same thing happening in the basic game.
I have an excellent set of records in the Gramophone folder and all play successfully when tried out of game.
But in game a proportion of the records always seem to get cut off abruptly in mid performance and the next record begins playing
Do others experience the same thing or is there some fix or strategy which prevents this irritating glitch occurring.
Thanks for any ideas on this

Hi, if you added music files to your Gramaphone folder and they are not in mp3 format then they have a tendency to do that. If this is the case then I recommend you convert them. Hope this helps.

SquareSteelBar
10-10-06, 01:30 PM
Hi, if you added music files to your Gramaphone folder and they are not in mp3 format then they have a tendency to do that. If this is the case then I recommend you convert them. Hope this helps. Hi Kpt. Munson,

I'm afraid you're wrong. It's vice versa. mp3 files are mostly cutted off. Best work .ogg files.

Greetings,;)
SSB

pcelt
10-10-06, 07:37 PM
SquareSteelBar you are right----Converted my Gramophone MP3s to .ogg files and so far no curtailment of items or jumping from one recording to another ---much more reliable than before....