PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a name and location of a GW file

mark4x5
10-09-06, 12:51 AM
Does anyone out there know the name and location of the image file for the bottom of the nav station screen, the one with the guys feet.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Mark

Ducimus
10-09-06, 12:58 AM
Off the top of my head thats sh3/data/menu/gui/layout/Leer.tga

But using that graphic by itself wont work if your trying to use it in another mod that isnt supporting it. You'll have to edit in an addition to the ini file in the data/menu directory. If thats the case, just use the find function for "leer" then copy in the header of that block into the appropriate location in the unedited file.

mark4x5
10-11-06, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the information.

Sailor Steve
10-11-06, 07:51 PM
...But using that graphic by itself wont work if your trying to use it in another mod that isnt supporting it. You'll have to edit in an addition to the ini file in the data/menu directory. If thats the case, just use the find function for "leer" then copy in the header of that block into the appropriate location in the unedited file.
Are you sure? I transposed the original from Manuel Ortega's SHII mod and it dropped in with no trouble...at least I think so; I could be wrong.

I don't remember exactly, so I'm just asking.

Ducimus
10-11-06, 07:56 PM
Yeah im pretty sure, i did this the other day with my own mod. I run a highly modified version of Rubini's Unified Campaign, and have basically pieced togehter my own game. Figured i'd borrow the leer from GW, dropped the file into the appropriate directory but it wasnt working. Thats when i decided to run a file comparision between GW's 1074bleblahwhatever.ini file vs my own. The leer is an entirely new block of code in that file, doesnt exist in the stock one. So i just copied it, pasted it in between the two blocks i found it in, saved it, ran the game, and now it works.