PDA

View Full Version : Renown help.

u-212
10-05-06, 07:13 PM
ok i have been playing sh3 for quite some time and allthough i love the game ( especially since i got my new pc) in all honesty im not too hot at playing it. I never seem to get enough renown, so what i want to know is there any way of altering the game so that it gives more renown? Now before all you guys say im cheating maybee i am, but your all probably well better than me at playing and have no problem earning renown. In all honesty im just sick of struggling to get the new sub i need or the new AA guns and sailors, so please guys would someone gimme some advice on what files i need to alter so i can earn more renown please

thanks in advance for the reply u-212:D

d@rk51d3
10-05-06, 07:21 PM
You can mess around with some of the config files and adjust your current renown. Once, I gave myself about 1mil points and went on a spending spree.:roll:

AVGWarhawk
10-05-06, 08:09 PM
This is what I recommend. Take all the U-boat schools, nav, gunnery, torpedos. Complete these and you start with more renown. Also, return to your port after the patrol. Do not hit save and exit..dock at ? Go all the way back with in 10km of your home port. You get more renown. Make sure you are sinking Allied ships and not neutrals. If you sink neutrals you get negative renown. Even if you sink just one Allied ship and return fully back to port you will get decent renown. Using the Cliff Notes of changing the config files is no way to go.:nope:

Ducimus
10-05-06, 08:17 PM
sh3/data/cfg/basic.cfg in notepad.

Renown costs for all equpiment and uboats are in there. Make them cost whatever you want.

BFawlty
10-06-06, 01:35 AM
Interesting that you get more reknown for physically returning to port instead of warping there. I didn't know that! I wonder how much reknown I've left on the table!:doh:

BF

kapitanfred
10-06-06, 01:57 AM
Yep, and I made all the equipment and Uboat upgrades a big Zero Renown and only left the rank with renown value. I certainly don't believe that I should have to pay for upgrading the Uboat and loose my rank in the process:lol:

u-212
10-06-06, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the replys guys, i just tried to edit the basic. cfg file in note pad but for some reason when i return to port my extra renown that ive added doesnt show up i will kiip trying thanks for your replys.

TarJak
10-06-06, 06:01 AM
Interesting that you get more reknown for physically returning to port instead of warping there. I didn't know that! I wonder how much reknown I've left on the table!:doh:

BF

You get renown for doing your 24hrs at the assigned patrol grid, sinking ships, reporting convoys when you spot them and for sailing to at least 20km from where you started out.

SkvyWvr
10-06-06, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the replys guys, i just tried to edit the basic. cfg file in note pad but for some reason when i return to port my extra renown that ive added doesnt show up i will kiip trying thanks for your replys.

Edit it while in port. Before starting a patrol. Also look for the line that says "DeltaRenown"

NightCrawler
10-08-06, 04:40 PM
I do... and it's fun in the beginning, DD are stupid in 1939 and easy to catch!