PDA

View Full Version : Global Thermal Nuclear Mods

MothBalls
10-04-06, 12:33 PM
A friend of mine just pointed out something to me, asked me to drop in. I was here and left this forum because of the situation. (I even wrote a small mod :) )

I think it's sad and funny at the same time.

Two teams trying to out do the other guy while keeping secrets from each other and the population. Instead of working together to benefit everyone, they are each working in isolation effectively reproducing each other’s work while being brainwashed into hating the other team.

Sound familiar?

Anyone remember what this game is about?

Any of what’s happening here sound familiar?

It’s sad to think of all the people who sacrificed so much, for us to learn nothing.

CWorth
10-04-06, 01:48 PM
And you started this thread why???

You say you left.Then why come back just to troll around and try to stir more trouble than your buddy already has.So why dont you and he both go away for good if you dont like things so much around here.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=99008

WilhelmSchulz.
10-04-06, 02:07 PM
Its The Cold War but I have no clue how it aplies to this fourm. :-?

Deimos01
10-04-06, 02:36 PM
This whole thing is alread being beaten to death in this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=99008

We dont need another one please.:nope: :down: :down:

Yer friend wouldnt be Simnut would he?

These types of posts serve no purpose but to incite and inflame. Please stop!

:nope:

terrapin
10-04-06, 02:41 PM
A friend of mine just pointed out something to me, asked me to drop in. I was here and left this forum because of the situation. (I even wrote a small mod :) )

I think it's sad and funny at the same time.

Two teams trying to out do the other guy while keeping secrets from each other and the population. Instead of working together to benefit everyone, they are each working in isolation effectively reproducing each other’s work while being brainwashed into hating the other team.

Sound familiar?

Anyone remember what this game is about?

Any of what’s happening here sound familiar?

It’s sad to think of all the people who sacrificed so much, for us to learn nothing.

A clear :down: for this post.

Jimbuna
10-04-06, 03:37 PM
This whole thing is alread being beaten to death in this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=99008

We dont need another one please.:nope: :down: :down:

Yer friend wouldnt be Simnut would he?

These types of posts serve no purpose but to incite and inflame. Please stop!

:nope:

Same from here :down:

stabiz
10-04-06, 04:58 PM
I dont even know what the situation was before, but I think its pretty darn swell right now.

And remember ... things were ALWAYS better in the old days. The discovery of the wheel messed up the human race.

Ducimus
10-04-06, 09:54 PM
http://www.griffithexp.com/images/dead-horse.jpg

mr chris
10-05-06, 09:10 AM
I dont even know what the situation was before, but I think its pretty darn swell right now.

And remember ... things were ALWAYS better in the old days. The discovery of the wheel messed up the human race.

Well Said Stabiz:up: I join this forum just over a year ago but as soon as i joined i had to go away with work for nearly a year so missed out on so much. You always get people saying " It was so much better in the old days why can't we go back to how it was?" At the end of the day people always want what they cant have. I for one think that we have a great forum here with great people who are deciated to improving this game, dragging it to the next level in my opinon. People seem to forget that the are other modders out there that continue to do there bit by adding there modds to this game.Other than than the 2 supermods that people seem to be pointing the finger at and acussing them of ruining this forum and modding on SH3. I for one belive that the 2 pronged aproach makes the 2 supermod teams push the bounries further with each realese. We have a great modding commuinty lets not lose it.
So some people dont get on with each other whats new?
It is a free world and everyone has there own ways and opinons on doing things lets not judge people just because the prosess that they do things is not the way that you wish things were done.
We have some many great mods for this game and more on the way lets cherish this and praise the modders for there hard work. remember they do this for the love of the game not for money.

danlisa
10-05-06, 09:14 AM
@ Ducimus - Flogging a dead horse, eh!

Bit graphic though, but point made.

Biggles
10-05-06, 09:23 AM

Well Said Stabiz:up: I join this forum just over a year ago but as soon as i joined i had to go away with work for nearly a year so missed out on so much. You always get people saying " It was so much better in the old days why can't we go back to how it was?" At the end of the day people always want what they cant have. I for one think that we have a great forum here with great people who are deciated to improving this game, dragging it to the next level in my opinon. People seem to forget that the are other modders out there that continue to do there bit by adding there modds to this game.Other than than the 2 supermods that people seem to be pointing the finger at and acussing them of ruining this forum and modding on SH3. I for one belive that the 2 pronged aproach makes the 2 supermod teams push the bounries further with each realese. We have a great modding commuinty lets not lose it.
So some people dont get on with each other whats new?
It is a free world and everyone has there own ways and opinons on doing things lets not judge people just because the prosess that they do things is not the way that you wish things were done.
We have some many great mods for this game and more on the way lets cherish this and praise the modders for there hard work. remember they do this for the love of the game not for money.

Well said mate.:up:
I haven't being here very long you see, and I love this forum already! But I don't know what people make of me......:nope:

terrapin
10-05-06, 09:58 AM
Hmmm...with a little imagination you could even see the initial post as a - this time rather subtle - attempt of X1/Combatthieves to increase the sales figures of 'their' software(z): They directly depend on the success of GWX, which has - from my POV, backed by loads of statistics - the broadest userbase.

I expect around 10.000 d/l of GWX from UBRS - each successful GWX installation means one X1 sale less.

Think about it, act accordingly.
:hmm: ...:huh: ...:roll: ...:sunny:

mr chris
10-05-06, 10:03 AM
Very good point terrapin:up: Never saw it that way but now you mention it..:hmm:
Why those dirty little rats.......!!!:nope:
As for acting accordingly. As you can see from my sig X1:nope: :down: GWX:up: :rock: :up: :rock: :arrgh!: :yep:

Sailor Steve
10-05-06, 10:53 AM
... things were ALWAYS better in the old days. The discovery of the wheel messed up the human race.
A parallel quote from Fiddler On The Roof:
"It's not what it once was."
"Let me tell you something, my friend. It never was 'what it once was'."

Ducimus
10-05-06, 12:59 PM
@ Ducimus - Flogging a dead horse, eh!

Bit graphic though, but point made.

The horse is quite dead. The largest 2 X 4 you see in that picture was my handywork, few have beatan that horse as hard as i have.

http://content.crazyphotos.com/its%20dead%20jim.jpg

stabiz
10-05-06, 02:24 PM
Another thing is that at some point there is not that much to mod anymore. I actually dont see how - for instance - GWX is supposed to blow me away the same way GW did, even though they say so. (This is because I think GW is so, so good)

The first wave is modding in all directions, and probably alot more sharing and discussions about what is actually possible. This is the era of the mini-mods, and alot of file-fiddling is required of computer-n00bs such as myself.

The second wave is the super mods. I dont think we would ever have had such user-friendly megamods as GW and NYGM without the competition and teaming up.

Now ... we are apparently approching the third wave ... :huh:

kptn_kaiserhof
10-10-06, 03:04 AM
well very interesting topic i alway have tryed to make my torpedos
NUCLEAR TIPPED

Dowly
10-10-06, 04:30 AM
Isnt this subject over yet!?

I say it one more time, both teams have different visions on what they want, so if the teams would be united there would be a constant 'civil war' in team. The NYGM section would want something done their way and so would the GW section. NYGM would want the mod to be about über realism, the GW would want it to be more balanced between realism and gameplay. That´s one reason that I can say for sure, the two teams wont be merged to one superteam.

Now, with NYGM and TGW as separate groups, we get two different approaches, not just one, which would be the case if the two teams would be one. So, in the end, we get more this way than we would get if there was only one superteam.

kptn_kaiserhof
10-11-06, 08:32 AM
IF YOU GUYS WANT TO FIGHT ABOUT SOMTHING OK HERE WE GO ...
CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT ...
DURING WW2 EVEN BEFORE AROUND 1935 GERMANY RESEARCH NUCLEAR ENERGY
AROUND 1944 IT GOT SENT SENT TO UK FOR FURTHER RESEARCH BUT WHEN AMERICA AND UK STARTED HELPING EACH OTHER WITH THE NORMANDY CAMPAIGHAN AMERICA STOLL THE NUCLEAR ENERGY AND USED IT FOR THE HIROSHIMA BOMB

SO IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO BLAME BLAME THE BASTARD WHO BUILT IT

U S A

Dowly
10-11-06, 08:43 AM
Here we go again. :lol:

You cant blame someone that didnt actually do the act. If I shoot someone to death, can I blame the weapon manufacturer in court?

Should we blame the one who designed Zyklon B of the killings of 7-8 million people?

Jimbuna
10-11-06, 12:02 PM
Here we go again. :lol:

You cant blame someone that didnt actually do the act. If I shoot someone to death, can I blame the weapon manufacturer in court?

Should we blame the one who designed Zyklon B of the killings of 7-8 million people?

Quite right Dowly......and to take the subject to the nth degree, how about blaming Jesus Christ or whoever it was for creating the very species that perpetrates all these acts on the planet in the first place!!!..."hides back underneath his rock" :D

CCIP
10-11-06, 12:57 PM
I think it's a misinterpretation of the scenario, if I'm interpreting this misinterpretation correctly. For one, I never saw all that much hostility. There was some frustration and some apparent foul play at one point, but in the end that's not what it came down to. It all came down to the fact that GW want to do their own thing as they wish, and NYGM doesn't want to back down from what they've established. Can we blame either? Both of them want an SHIII configuration that they believe is ideal. Whoever you want to point the finger at for not compromising, consider why they should have compromised first.

The most important thing, of course, is that both teams get by quite well without each other and have a good number of overlaps in terms of implemented mods. Why fight when you can just choose? And why choose when you can just try a dual install? :hmm:

Dowly
10-11-06, 01:08 PM
Very well said, CCIP. :up:

Ducimus
10-11-06, 01:46 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/omegaosx/.Pictures/dead_thread.jpg

edit:

SHOOT THIS THREAD IN THE HEAD ALLREADY!!!! :damn:

So stop bumping it! :88)

bookworm_020
10-11-06, 06:17 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl:

Love it!!

WilhelmSchulz.
10-11-06, 07:05 PM
SHOOT THIS THREAD IN THE HEAD ALLREADY!!!! :damn:

GOZO
10-12-06, 03:59 AM
RRRZZZZZZZZZZ.....................

oh, did anyone say sumptin:o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:up:

Per

Dowly
10-12-06, 04:01 AM
Nope, you´re hearing things. :up:

CWorth
10-12-06, 07:10 AM
I feel it is high time one of the moderators add the big ole http://mohaaoutpost.homestead.com/files/lock.jpg to this thread.

It has run its course and needs to go bye bye.