PDA

View Full Version : What's this problem (NYGM mod) ???

lumat83
10-03-06, 07:20 AM
Hello
I hope you understand my english :oops: :D

I'm playing with NYGM mod. And I've a problem. After an attack, there are many damages in the radio room. In few minutes this room will be submerged (and game over :down: . But I can't put a repair officer in the room.
In addition, this room is white on the submarine icon in the crew station.

Why ?

I use NYGM only.

kylania
10-03-06, 09:28 AM
Make sure that you turn off Silent Running. While you're on Silent Running your crew won't repair even as they sink to the bottom. I've had that happen to me twice!

One officier should fit in the Damage Control area at the top. With NYGM, Damage Control team can only repair the Crew Quarters. They can't repair Torpedo Rooms, Engine Rooms, Control Rooms or the Radio Room.

Hopefully that'll help!

lumat83
10-03-06, 10:06 AM
Thanks for your help but I don't understand one thing :oops: :

In the torpedoes and in the engines room, we can put a repair officer. It's useful with NYGM ?

But if the radio room take heavy damages, how can I repair it ? Because 2 men (radio officers) it's not sufficient. And in this case, it's "game over" :hmm: ?

kylania
10-03-06, 10:10 AM
Yes! it is useful. NYGM repairs in two ways.

1. By having people IN the compartment. Anytime you have damage you want to put as many people as possible INTO that compartment. They will all try to repair that compartment. Officers sure do help!

2. Damage Control. Normally this would be the only way to repair, but in NYGM Damage Control team can only help to repair the Quarters and Flak/Watchtower/Forward Deck areas. If you have massive battery damage, like I did last nite, you'll want to use people in the Quarters compartment and in Damage Control as well.

If you have heavy flooding in your Radio Room, put your best people there and hope for the best. :( You're right, only two people and no officers fit there.

lumat83
10-03-06, 11:23 AM
Ok.

A last word : I think that it was better to make radio room and Pc room work together about repair activities (I not sure about my english here :D )
Because there're no reasons to make radio room more difficult to repair than the others.
What do you think about this ?

But I'll go to write this in the NYGM post

Der Teddy Bar
10-03-06, 04:28 PM
lumat83,
I believe that kylania has you set straight regarding that when crew are in a damaged compartment, that this crew will automatically make repairs, stop flooding & drain the flooding unless you are silent running.

The flooding values for all compartments is based upon the crew that can be brought to assist, so the flooding of the radio room is not as bad as that of the bow torpedo room but in comparison they are somewhat equal.

The flooding has also been done so that you will be able for most of the time to control it. Though if a depth charge is close enough and of enough HP then you may never be able to recover :o

Your issues will for the most part come from the effects of multiple flooding or a very large room flooding most of the way and as a result this will cause depth keeping issues.

In the end the radio room is not really harder to repair than the other rooms.

I hope this clarifies any concerns.

lumat83
10-04-06, 12:56 AM
Yes, it's clarifies about my question. Thanks you very much to everybody for your help :) .

This mod seem to me very hard but very serious so, And I like it very well :D

Der Teddy Bar
10-04-06, 01:05 AM
Yes, it's clarifies about my question. Thanks you very much to everybody for your help :) .

This mod seem to me very hard but very serious so, And I like it very well :D
Glad that you like it.