PDA

View Full Version : FLB Sale's 6 dials mod and NYGM 2.2

noe
09-27-06, 12:16 PM
Hi ;)

I tried to install 6 dials mod by FLB Sale U-999 in the NYGM 2.2

I copy all lines in all files as it's wrote in readme. Dials works perfectly without any problems but when game is loading the missing menu id errors occure. After alt-tab to windows and click ok in error windows I could return to sh3 and play.

The problem is that torpedo slideout display on the top, centre in the screen is missing. Torpedo display in the right corner works well.

Anyone know how to install 6 dials mod in the NYGM 2.2????

kylania
09-27-06, 12:39 PM
NYGM 2.2 already includes TDC slideouts on all screens (use Ctrl-T to change the data) and extra TDC slideouts on the UZO and Periscope screens. That might be why you're crashing, since you're trying to have two things do the same function?

pokara
09-27-06, 01:09 PM
NYGM 2.2 already includes TDC slideouts on all screens (use Ctrl-T to change the data) and extra TDC slideouts on the UZO and Periscope screens. That might be why you're crashing, since you're trying to have two things do the same function?

Hi Kylania, im sorry but i think Noe its talking about this::

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48292&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight

:yep:

and i think this is not include in NYGM TW v2.2

dont you Noe ?? or im wrong again :damn: ;)

kylania
09-27-06, 01:18 PM
Oh wow, that mod looks awesome. :) Sorry, guess I was thrown by the 'torpedo slideout' which is in NYGM.

noe
09-27-06, 01:22 PM

Yes I know that. I try to install only 6 big slideout dials to steer my sub (like heading, rudder, speed, and depth) not this part to manage TDC because it's aplied in nygm.

I use 6 dials mod from the begginning and couldn't imagine playing without it.

I play a little in nygm 2.2 and saw that TDC slideouts is must have add-on too.

dont you Noe ?? or im wrong again

Yes is that what I have in mind :D Sorry for bad english :/

I hope someone could apply 6 dials to latest nygm... :-?

pokara
09-27-06, 01:23 PM
Oh wow, that mod looks awesome. :) Sorry, guess I was thrown by the 'torpedo slideout' which is in NYGM.

no problem kylania, it was only to not confuse Noe..

and yeah, the torpedo slideout in nygm is very nice.. i think i prefer a static 'torpedo slideout', but there is opinions like colors... ;)
by the way, its a great great great mod.. that's the true... :yep:

noe
09-28-06, 11:08 AM
Hi :D

I solved my problem! Now everything 6 dials and tdc displays works well!!! :D

The problem was in menu_1024_768.cfg file. NYGM team put his tdc slideout [G3FXXX] lines not just in the bottom of G3F section but after other lines further in the file so when I aplied 6 dials mod lines I overwrite lines from tdc.

If somebody want to use 6 dials mod with NYGM 2.2 I could send it to him. :D

perdu
09-28-06, 03:14 PM
great idea :)

why dont you release it directly over a rapidshare or other sharing site?
it will be easier to send it if i'm not the only one who wants your files :p

thx for the work

Myxale
09-28-06, 03:14 PM

The problem was in menu_1024_768.cfg file. NYGM team put his tdc slideout [G3FXXX] lines not just in the bottom of G3F section but after other lines further in the file so when I aplied 6 dials mod lines I overwrite lines from tdc.

Yes please!

noe
09-28-06, 04:17 PM
Ok I upload it on RapidShare here is the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/34799742/flb_sale_6_dials_nygm_22.7z.html

Txema
09-28-06, 07:33 PM
Thank you !!!!

Txema

Myxale
09-29-06, 03:19 AM
TA mate!:rock:

The Munster
09-29-06, 10:27 AM

Hi, Thank you :yep:

Immacolata
09-29-06, 10:37 AM
Is this slideout interactive? Or just dials you can see but you must still visit TDC screen to alter input?

pokara
09-29-06, 01:47 PM
Good Work !!! :yep:

:up: :up:

noe
09-30-06, 05:25 AM
Is this slideout interactive? Or just dials you can see but you must still visit TDC screen to alter input?

Yes TDC slideout from NYGM 2.2 is interactive.We don't need to visit F6 TDC screen to change data. Press Ctrl+T to toggle between manual and auto update.

Immacolata
10-08-06, 05:08 AM

Ah so CTRL-T was it? Hehe I always went to F6 to activate manual, then change speed, then automatic. Guess I shoudl read the readmes better :lol:

Noe, Yes please I would. Perhaps we should give TDB a copy so that he can include a special 6 dials installation script for people who use NYGM? Anyways Id love if you could send the files you used to make 6 dials work for NYGM2.2. I am absolutely in love with those huge dials. And the link is dead since Rapidshare took it down again. Could you resubmit?

You could also just give me the ALTERED files (cfgs and what they al are) and Ill get 6-dials mods myself and then use your changed files to make it work with NYGM.

[edit]
I found a file from FLB Sale U-999 in Terrapins minoic labyrinth of files that was called somethling like 4-dial version. Any one who knows what this is abou? I also found a file from FLB that is from october 3rd called Sim_Feeling.rar. It is completely without any readme, so I have no idea how to install it.

Fender74
10-08-06, 08:29 AM

Ah so CTRL-T was it? Hehe I always went to F6 to activate manual, then change speed, then automatic. Guess I shoudl read the readmes better :lol:

Noe, Yes please I would. Perhaps we should give TDB a copy so that he can include a special 6 dials installation script for people who use NYGM? Anyways Id love if you could send the files you used to make 6 dials work for NYGM2.2. I am absolutely in love with those huge dials. And the link is dead since Rapidshare took it down again. Could you resubmit?

You could also just give me the ALTERED files (cfgs and what they al are) and Ill get 6-dials mods myself and then use your changed files to make it work with NYGM.

[edit]
I found a file from FLB Sale U-999 in Terrapins minoic labyrinth of files that was called somethling like 4-dial version. Any one who knows what this is abou? I also found a file from FLB that is from october 3rd called Sim_Feeling.rar. It is completely without any readme, so I have no idea how to install it.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/5/204268/flb_sale_6_dials_nygm_22.7z

noe already did it but the links not working,so i uploaded it here;)
been using it for a few days,very nice:up:

poor sailor
10-08-06, 01:06 PM
Thanks for that Fender74 also thanks to Noe!

Der Teddy Bar
10-08-06, 06:14 PM
NEO,
A very big thanks from the NYGM Team for this great contribution for the TW users.

Great work and as a result we will be including 6 dials simfeeling mod & the Transparent torpedo reloading screen as part of the next TW release.

I will get a copy put up at File Front and put a link in the TW thread.

Well done mate :up:

Immacolata
10-09-06, 01:14 AM
Just a warning to people about this mod. I am not sure if it is NYGM only but I often try to adjust the depth setting but end up scrolling the the text box instead. There are some overlaps in the slideout and textbox unfortunately. I would be really happy with having just the huge compass. That thing is SUCH a big help for accurate navigation and finding your AOB manually.

Der Teddy Bar
10-09-06, 01:51 AM
Just a warning to people about this mod. I am not sure if it is NYGM only but I often try to adjust the depth setting but end up scrolling the the text box instead. There are some overlaps in the slideout and textbox unfortunately. I would be really happy with having just the huge compass. That thing is SUCH a big help for accurate navigation and finding your AOB manually.
Can you throw up a screen shot?

Immacolata
10-09-06, 02:58 AM
Im afraid not do not have hosting options. But you can try it yourself TDB. Install the dials and muck about in your boot. At some point, if you try and adjust the depth meter you will instead find yourself scrolling text in the console. It takes some mouse juggling to get a grab on the dial, I can do it by clicking further in on the needle so I escape the stupid text box.

KeldorKatarn
10-09-06, 03:16 AM
I know what you mean. usually happens to me when I want to use my dial to slow down to 1 knot. I end up klicking the text field.

I am actually not that impressed with this mod. I still find it hard to klick at the exact degree number. It usually takes me two or three clicks even with that compass, I managed that with the old one as well. this one keeps me from seeing very important info or making quick commands in short order because i first have to move the mouse around so the info does appear.
I appreaciate the work put into this MOD but I strongly suggest making it an optionaly only MOD in the next version of NYGM TW. I will probably deinstall it again. It gives me not enough advantages over too many disadvantages. I don't like my screen willed up with slide out menus and I already have the torpedo controlls and the LI's dials. That's quite enough for me. If I want 100% correct compass numbers I can easily use the UZO or periscope view and the "turn towards my view" command with the featured detailed bearing makers that comes with both those views.

noe
10-09-06, 03:24 AM
I am not sure if it is NYGM only but I often try to adjust the depth setting but end up scrolling the the text box instead.

This is issue from oryginal FLB's mod. Just try to not click too close to the text box and everything will be alright! Also to use dials more precisely You could click and move dial (without release of the click) to set exact value which will be entered after release.

Great work and as a result we will be including 6 dials simfeeling mod & the Transparent torpedo reloading screen as part of the next TW release.

Sounds great, but You must notice that I didn't apply transparent torpedo reloading screen in my integration. I don't use it and unfortunately forgot to add it as an option :-?
But it's only one file so if You want this screen in NYGM I could send You it.

Immacolata
10-09-06, 03:41 AM
I know what you mean. usually happens to me when I want to use my dial to slow down to 1 knot. I end up klicking the text field.

I am actually not that impressed with this mod. I still find it hard to klick at the exact degree number. It usually takes me two or three clicks even with that compass, I managed that with the old one as well. this one keeps me from seeing very important info or making quick commands in short order because i first have to move the mouse around so the info does appear.
I appreaciate the work put into this MOD but I strongly suggest making it an optionaly only MOD in the next version of NYGM TW. I will probably deinstall it again. It gives me not enough advantages over too many disadvantages. I don't like my screen willed up with slide out menus and I already have the torpedo controlls and the LI's dials. That's quite enough for me. If I want 100% correct compass numbers I can easily use the UZO or periscope view and the "turn towards my view" command with the featured detailed bearing makers that comes with both those views.

Kind of agree. To be honest I only installed the mod for the bigass compass. If I could manage to put in this compass but keep the rest I'd do that in a jiffy. It can be quite difficult to see your current course or to put down a new course. The slide out compass has both course and bearing so you can make some quick calculations on your new course. When you do manual aob calculations you need your exact course and theres no way to get that with any precision in stock SH3.

I wouldn't mind keeping the original depth and speedgauge down to the right. Then somehow add this slideout compass. Anyone up to the task? Or somehow could help me mod my NYGM installation to only have the compass?

KeldorKatarn
10-09-06, 04:09 AM
When you do manual aob calculations you need your exact course and theres no way to get that with any precision in stock SH3.

Yes there is. there's a key/command which orders "view centred on course" which will center the UZO or periscope view to 0° foward view. then hit "course towards view". Since the view is at 0° no course change will occur but the NAV will tell you the new/current course.

Immacolata
10-09-06, 05:28 AM
Eh, sounds to me like a VERY complicated solution for the lack of a proper compass :rotfl: The problem is you cannot just have the navigator report current course snap of your fingers. And the tiny compass is simply to imprecise to get any useful reading from to calculate AOB. Thanks for the tip though, but Ill see if I can manage to fit that nice compass into my game so I dont have to bend over backwards when I want a course reading.

Fender74
10-09-06, 05:35 AM
i've been using these dials for months and have never had any problems at all.

kylania
10-09-06, 09:29 AM
i've been using these dials for months and have never had any problems at all.

What resolution are you running at?

At the default 1024x768 resolution if you try to set your speed to anything less than 2kts (a vital thing to do with the new NYGM 2.2) you end up scrolling the text box rather than being able to click on the speed overlay.

That problem combined with the fact that you can't see speed/bearing/depth at the same time at a glance anymore is why I haven't switched to using this mod too much, even though I *LOVE* the addition of the actual bearing while on the rudder screen.

Immacolata
10-09-06, 10:25 AM
Same as you kylania. Would it be possible to merely add the huge compass and course dial but keep the old dock maybe? I am not much of a modder myself, so Id need some expert advice.

Fender74
10-09-06, 10:29 AM
sorry i'm running the game at 1024x768 and i just don't have this problem.:hmm:
could someone post a screenshot?

Immacolata
10-09-06, 11:17 AM
Why? If you don't have it why worry about it?

Fender74
10-09-06, 12:22 PM
Why? If you don't have it why worry about it? i'm not worried about it at all,but it might have been helpful to find a soloution for people who do have a problem with it.

KeldorKatarn
10-09-06, 12:57 PM
The solution was already offered. Most people here don't care about the other dials. They are happy with the original one and just want the big compass as an addon.

Immacolata
10-09-06, 03:10 PM
It was? I missed that, could you url me to that thread?

KeldorKatarn
10-09-06, 06:18 PM
What I meant was, that such a solution seems to be the general wish of those who aren't content with the 6 dial mod as it is now.
While such a solution hasn't been created yet, that seems to be it as soon as someone does create it.

KeldorKatarn
10-10-06, 12:42 AM
Like this:

http://www.wcrevival.de/joker/HugeDialMOD.jpg

Is this satisfactory? (The compass is of course still sliding out to the right)

kylania
10-10-06, 01:24 AM
Here's a video of the error I was talking about where you can't really set low speeds due to overlapping with the text bar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IyulelmZBmc

You can also download the video from FileFront (http://files.filefront.com/6d_deadzone_nygmwmv/;5999523;;/fileinfo.html).

Fender74
10-10-06, 05:49 AM
cheers for posting that kylania i understand now.
this dosen't happen to me cause my console/text slides in and out of the picture and is never on screen when i press my dials.
i assumed everybody had this same set up.

poor sailor
10-10-06, 06:49 AM
cheers for posting that kylania i understand now.
this dosen't happen to me cause my console/text slides in and out of the picture and is never on screen when i press my dials.
i assumed everybody had this same set up.
How to make the console/text to slide in and out? I ask for NYGM v.2.2 version. Which settings are needed in menu_1024.ini ? Any suggestions?

noe
10-10-06, 07:01 AM
How to make the console/text to slide in and out? I ask for NYGM v.2.2 version. Which settings are needed in menu_1024.ini ? Any suggestions?

I wrote about this in readme:

You must edit menu_1024_768.cfg file.

To turn on officers icons and textfield slideout function find the block:

[G3F I33]
Name=Slideout Konsole; FLB Sale`s 6 Anzeigen
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F0C0000
ParentID=0x3F000000
Pos=0,141,670,140
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
;VertSlide=-130

and remove a semicolon before the ;VertSlide=-130 line. So it looks so: VertSlide=-130

To turn on clock bar slideout function find the block:

[G3F I375]
Name=Group feedback; FLB Sale`s 6 Anzeigen, Konsole & Uhrfeld
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F010000
ParentID=0x3F000000
Pos=0,145,733,145
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
;VertSlide=-144

and remove a semicolon before the ;VertSlide=-144 line. So it looks so: VertSlide=-144

poor sailor
10-10-06, 07:34 AM
I wrote about this in readme:

You must edit menu_1024_768.cfg file.

To turn on officers icons and textfield slideout function find the block:

[G3F I33]
Name=Slideout Konsole; FLB Sale`s 6 Anzeigen
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F0C0000
ParentID=0x3F000000
Pos=0,141,670,140
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
;VertSlide=-130

and remove a semicolon before the ;VertSlide=-130 line. So it looks so: VertSlide=-130

To turn on clock bar slideout function find the block:

[G3F I375]
Name=Group feedback; FLB Sale`s 6 Anzeigen, Konsole & Uhrfeld
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F010000
ParentID=0x3F000000
Pos=0,145,733,145
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
;VertSlide=-144

and remove a semicolon before the ;VertSlide=-144 line. So it looks so: VertSlide=-144
Thank You Noe, my mistake:oops: . I didn't saw that you already describe this in your readme file.

FLB sale U-999
10-13-06, 01:20 PM
Hi Guys!

Good work Noe. Thank`s for including it into TW2.2, works well :)

I know the Problem what u mean with the overlaying Textfield over the Dials (so u cannot click on 1 knots and so on...)

That is because the transparent Textfield (tga) is laying over the Dials Group.

That Problem should be easy to solve by just change the Position of those Dials a little bit upwards about 10 or 20 pixels....

Will take a look at it when i have the time for those things.

Cannot mod anymore like thoese times i bulit those mod. My girl is crying when i am sitting on my PC ;)

I read here that somebody only wants a big Compass to have and all over Things leave standard!?

That is easy to make for u.

Before i released that 6 Dials Mod, i made a small 4 dials one... that is excactly what some people want to have.

4 Dials (slideout on the right side) and everything else like the Console, Dials and Navigationoffizerpannel is left as it is.

The nice thing is, u can built only 1 Dial into your game, or 2 or 3 or all 4. whatever u want.

Read the Readme and then just choose the edits in the Dials.cfg and Menu.xxxx.ini which are responsible for the Compass. Then u can easy built only him inside and use ur own liked position on right side by editing the positionline in the Menu_xxxx_ini.

So u can put him higher or lower like u want him to have.

U can find it here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88680&highlight=Anzeigen

U must download him on u-boatrealsimulation.com because the radpilink is very old.

I hope u enjoy that Mod, even there are some small Problems. I could`nt solve all Problems when i buitl him....

Best wishes Sale

The Noob
10-13-06, 01:41 PM
Thank you very much noe for the integration of this great mod into NYGM, and thanks FLB sale U-999 for making it. ;)

Immacolata
10-13-06, 02:04 PM
Thanks a lot for the instructions Sale. I will try to mod in that beautiful big compass and keep the old style dock. See how that works. I cannot tell you how important the big compass is for precise navigation. The big dials for speed is also nice but I find myself needing a constant display of depth and speed more than precision in manipulating them. Ill check out your 4-dial mod. Thanks mate.:rock:

KeldorKatarn
10-13-06, 02:16 PM
In case somebody is interested in this configuration:

http://www.wcrevival.de/joker/new_config.jpg

I have modified the MOD somewhat so the new console is used in a changed version, the original dials are still in use plus the huge Compass.
That's the config I am playing with right now.
If you are interested I can offer the files, ready for use with JGSM, to FLB Sale who could upload them somewhere if he wants, or Teddy could do so. The MOD is of course also just configured for use with NYGM TW 2.2.

Immacolata
10-13-06, 05:07 PM
I would be most interested in that. If the file is less than 3 mb total you could mail it to me if you do not find a host. I cant host it but Id sure like the file!

I see you kept the new dock, but did you leave the old text field so that it stays out of the three dials?

KeldorKatarn
10-14-06, 12:58 PM
I made the dock smaller since the old one was too long to keep the old dials.
The text field is the stock one, I just made it a little smaller, so the dock did fit
beneath it, so the textfield holds one less line now, which I don't really notice ingame.
Both compasses, the stock one and the big one, work of course, and both can be used for course correction.

I uploaded the files here for now:

http://www.wcrevival.de/joker/huge_compass_mod.rar

AGAIN BEWARE: This MOD is only for NYGM TW 2.2. Otherwise there is a high probability it will mess up your interface or result in the game not loading since it is based on the files NYGM offers.

@FLB Sale, in case you have anything against me offering this MOD, as it obviously is based large on your work, please just tell me.

@All others: The credits for this mod go of course to FLB Sale, since I basically just took his graphics and used what I wanted to use, left the rest away and just modified and repositioned a few things.

Immacolata
10-18-06, 04:05 AM
Bump. TDB see this? Us Nygmites wouldn't mind that "lite" version that Keldorn made :lol: