PDA

View Full Version : Installing GW

Zero Niner
09-26-06, 08:56 PM
Is there a way of installing it & "rolling back" if I decide not to use it, without affecting currently installed mods. There are not very much - just some tweaks (FABC, swastika fix) & additions to the .cfg files such that torpedo firing is mapped to ctrl-enter instead of enter, etc.

ref
09-26-06, 08:58 PM
Is there a way of installing it & "rolling back" if I decide not to use it, without affecting currently installed mods. There are not very much - just some tweaks (FABC, swastika fix) & additions to the .cfg files such that torpedo firing is mapped to ctrl-enter instead of enter, etc.

GW modifies so many files that's impossible to make an uninstaller, at least without duplicating almost all sh3 folder, what you can do is copy the entire folder to anothe location, and if you don't like GW just delete the gw installation and copy the backup over.

Ref

kylania
09-26-06, 09:24 PM
If you installed it with JSGME at first, you're able to roll it back, but otherwise no.

ecm747x
09-27-06, 12:50 AM
What you can do is this. Copy your SH3 game updated to 1.4 to a seperate folder, make sure it is a clean version. Name the folder something like SH3GW. Then install the GW mod to that folder and then rename the SH3.exe to SH3GW and creat shortcut to desktop, if you want one there. This way you can have the GW mod if you want to play it and another running version of SH3 with what ever mod you want on it...and play either one

pokara
09-27-06, 01:35 PM
What you can do is this. Copy your SH3 game updated to 1.4 to a seperate folder, make sure it is a clean version. Name the folder something like SH3GW. Then install the GW mod to that folder and then rename the SH3.exe to SH3GW and creat shortcut to desktop, if you want one there. This way you can have the GW mod if you want to play it and another running version of SH3 with what ever mod you want on it...and play either one

Hi all! :D
This is the best solution for an multi-instalation, of course.. :yep:

But,
If you installed it with JSGME at first, you're able to roll it back, but otherwise no.

JSGME (necesary like water to live;) ) its my best election to apply diferents mods.. :yep: :yep:

So if you want to play more than 1 Mega Super Mod (GW, NYGM) best its the multi-install i think so..
And after you can apply JSGM for each one, and of course, you're able to roll it back :up: :up:

Paz para la tierra madre.