PDA

View Full Version : Adding additional *.tga to the *.dat file

DivingDuck
09-23-06, 09:25 AM
Moin,

does anybody know how to add ADDITIONAL *.tga files to the *.dat? I donīt want to change the existing files, I want some new in there.

Regards,
DD

Anvart
09-23-06, 01:41 PM
Moin,

does anybody know how to add ADDITIONAL *.tga files to the *.dat? I donīt want to change the existing files, I want some new in there.

Regards,
DD
You create the data block Type 2 - a material using this TGA (copy-paste similar
data block also you edit it). You create the block Type 3 (copy-paste the similar data block
also you edit it) and instead of old TGA you insert new TGA. You create the block
Type 8 with the name of a new material (copy-paste).
Do not forget to change identifiers of blocks.
The new material is ready.
:D

DivingDuck
09-23-06, 02:18 PM
Moin,
You create the data block Type 2 - a material using this TGA (copy-paste similar
data block also you edit it). You create the block Type 3 (copy-paste the similar data block
also you edit it) and instead of old TGA you insert new TGA. You create the block
Which program do you use for hex-editing? The prog I use does not have the possibility to create the data blocks you mentionend.
And how do I know where the data block starts and ends?
Iīve browsed the *.dat file and did not know what to copy and paste.

Regards,
DD

Anvart
09-23-06, 02:28 PM
Moin,
Which program do you use for hex-editing? The prog I use does not have the possibility to create the data blocks you mentionend.
And how do I know where the data block starts and ends?
Iґve browsed the *.dat file and did not know what to copy and paste.

Regards,
DD
I use Hex Workshop 4.2 and for help Pack3D version 22.10.2005
Study structure of dat-files and data blocks of SH3.