PDA

View Full Version : I'm a GreyWolves virign... just installed

Crawlerz
09-18-06, 12:25 PM
hello ppl. this is my 1st post on THIS forum. so i have installed Grey Wolves. Wow!!!:lol: :rock: :sunny: unbelievable!!! KUDOS TO ALL THE PPL THAT TOOK PART IN IT!!! it is amazing! am-a-zing!:|\\

but, ppl. questions--
--before installing i remembered to install the 1.4b patch. so i goto the site. get it, d/l it and then the installer says - i will now install v1.3. i say WHAAA? so i install anyway. in SH3 it said 1.4 w/o "b" despite it saying 1.3 in installer. the greywolves work fine. amazing actually.
--i go to command station (F2) and turn around to face my weapons guidence officer and i see that his map and the other (regular map) is crazy colored. :nope: is that because i have 16-bit desktop?
--i have not used a milkcow yet - i will probably have questions - or can you maybe tell me in simple language what to do now? (i have not installed SH2 commander yet - should i now? what to w/milkcows then? does anything change?)
--about the slooooooooooooooow reload times as dictated by greywolves. 12 sec??!! :damn: a bit much? no? i mean come on. can i tweak it in SH3 commander? or i shouldn't? do u think?
--about ships sinking - they now can sink when they want, right, i mean 30 min later when they get flooded, right, as dictated by greywolves? how do i know when a ship is dead? :arrgh!: that question applies to torpedoes AS WELL AS to deckgun.
--about Ahead Flank - i think when i pressed it (5) the engine quit on me. do some Uboats go only to ahead full now? did greywolves change that?

if u could answer all/some q's! thank u!;)

_Seth_
09-18-06, 12:39 PM
hello ppl. this is my 1st post on THIS forum. so i have installed Grey Wolves. Wow!!!:lol: :rock: :sunny: unbelievable!!! KUDOS TO ALL THE PPL THAT TOOK PART IN IT!!! it is amazing! am-a-zing!:|\\

but, ppl. questions--
--before installing i remembered to install the 1.4b patch. so i goto the site. get it, d/l it and then the installer says - i will now install v1.3. i say WHAAA? so i install anyway. in SH3 it said 1.4 w/o "b" despite it saying 1.3 in installer. the greywolves work fine. amazing actually.
--i go to command station (F2) and turn around to face my weapons guidence officer and i see that his map and the other (regular map) is crazy colored. :nope: is that because i have 16-bit desktop?
--i have not used a milkcow yet - i will probably have questions - or can you maybe tell me in simple language what to do now? (i have not installed SH2 commander yet - should i now? what to w/milkcows then? does anything change?)
--about the slooooooooooooooow reload times as dictated by greywolves. 12 sec??!! :damn: a bit much? no? i mean come on. can i tweak it in SH3 commander? or i shouldn't? do u think?
--about ships sinking - they now can sink when they want, right, i mean 30 min later when they get flooded, right, as dictated by greywolves? how do i know when a ship is dead? :arrgh!: that question applies to torpedoes AS WELL AS to deckgun.
--about Ahead Flank - i think when i pressed it (5) the engine quit on me. do some Uboats go only to ahead full now? did greywolves change that?

Welcome, Crawlerz!!

Those Grey wolf modders are incredible. They are soon releasing GWX, another Grey wolf mod, even better!!

Dont mind the 1.3 thing, as long as it works, be happy!
I also have those miscolored maps, and i dont worry. The slide-out map works anyway!
Milchcows enables you to go on longer patrols. they are actually supply subs you can dock at, and refuel and rearm your boat. The will show in the map as blue points in the ocean, and you will recieve a radio message when they are at their positions.
Loading time; dont worry: Its worth the wait!
the GW mod uses the NYGM damage mod (i think this was the name, correct me if im wrong...) It makes the sinking time more realistic, and sometimes you have to wait a day or so for the ship to sink. When the ship is dead, you get a message: enemy unit destroyed.
The engine thing is just a bug, i think. Maybe some other of subsims excellent kaleuns can answer that!
:D

bigboywooly
09-18-06, 12:40 PM

but, ppl. questions--

First of all Hi and welcome

Yes the patch does say 1.3 but it is 1.4 - Ubisoft for you
Yes 16 bit maybe your problem there - increase it if you can
You dock at a milkcow the same as you do for your home port - esc\end mission\dock at
Sh3 commander 2.6 is a great program that knows when you are at a milkcow and sets days in base to 1
You can also adjust your deckgun reload times with it as well
yes ships sink by flooding - you will get the message "shes going down" when ship has sunk
:hmm: No GW didnt change ahead flank - so that should be ok
Do all other speeds work alright ?

HunterICX
09-18-06, 12:40 PM
1. the patch 1.4b says it will install 1.3 dont worry its an mess up there i think but you can check the version in the Main menu of the game somewhere in the corner of the screen.

2. I have the same things too an couple of times I think its of using the Time Compression. that things mess up a little ..like that map :rotfl:

3. Milcows will apear later in war (press F1 and look under ''Supply'' it shows u the resuply boats in neutral harbours and it will shows dates when milkcows will appear and in wich grid they are (they also appear with an blue name on the Nav map like ''U-459''

4. 12 second reload time...Mmm realistic enough. and yes in SH3 commander u can change that fair to 8 seconds (stock SH3 style)

5. they can sink after an couple of hours...and you only can know that if you stay in range of that ship...with an big juicy tanker that I crippled and leaning towards one side I stay on PD depth and watch it for a while till it sink or when I find its time to shoot anohter Torpedo into her just to finish her off.

6. dont know this one....sorry

Good luck !

kylania
09-18-06, 01:28 PM

Are you using SH3 Commander as well? The Flank = 0 speed is a common 'malfunction' that crops up randomly (it's intended) when using SH3 Commander. I usually cut a patrol short if that happens, since no flank can be deadly at times. Next patrol out your engine should be fine, but.. something else might have been broken!

Always run tests (try out all speeds, forward and back), check UZO and both periscopes, open and cycle all tubes, try a trim and deep dive before entering combat. Make sure your boat responds how you think she should, if not end the patrol early.

RedMenace
09-18-06, 07:54 PM
Well, while we're at GW questions, I got one of my own! Naval Academy is impossible now. Like, for real. Any suggestions? Do I still get the bonus renown if I complete the Academy in stock SH3 and then upgrade to GW?

donut
09-18-06, 08:54 PM
Well, while we're at GW questions, I got one of my own! Naval Academy is impossible now. Like, for real. Any suggestions? Do I still get the bonus renown if I complete the Academy in stock SH3 and then upgrade to GW?

re1 Open the NavalAcademy file in \SH3\My Documents

2 Change exam 0,1,2,3, and 4 to true

3 Change result0 to 500.000000

4 Change result1 to 1095.000000

5 Change result2 to 380.000000

6 Change result3 to 700.000000

7 Change result4 to 700.000000

how do i know when a ship is dead?

The way I tell if a ship is dead,you will not be able to get a lock at torp range,in parascope view